Changes to Flux

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Babykittydriver

Changes to Flux

Post by Babykittydriver » 12 Oct 2014, 04:21

The whole thing with flux seems very unreasonable, due to the fact that it makes completely no sense that steel requires a mixture of herbs to make. i personally think that flux should either be removed from the game, made less of it required to make certain items, or make it easier to make. i see the fact that its supposed to be hard to make the gates, and you are supposed to have large groups to play the game, but honestly, there aren't really going to be that large of groups playing on lif YO. to compensate for this, it should at least be made easier for lif YO. Overall, Flux seems unrealistic and should be changed in these ways i have listed.
Last edited by Babykittydriver on 12 Oct 2014, 23:30, edited 2 times in total.

Nosfirebird

Re: Flux

Post by Nosfirebird » 12 Oct 2014, 04:28

as long as it for life YO i +1 this to make it cost less flux like 10 for a basic gate

Ilegibally
Alpha Tester

Post by Ilegibally » 12 Oct 2014, 07:08

They should just make marble usable as flux stone
Last edited by Ilegibally on 19 Oct 2014, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.

Ulrich_von_Riga

Post by Ulrich_von_Riga » 12 Oct 2014, 16:17

True. Flux is getting on my nerves. I just finished gate module, that was 4 days of herb gathering :%)
Dictatorship - is the only real power!

Tiba666
Alpha Tester

Re: Changes to Flux

Post by Tiba666 » 19 Oct 2014, 12:56

flux easy enough to get if you play with 3 herblore but
and think flux give good sence if you ever made you own steel

"A related use of flux is to designate the material added to the contents of a smelting furnace or a cupola for the purpose of purging the metal of impurities, and of rendering the slag more liquid. The flux most commonly used in iron and steel furnaces is limestone, which is charged in the proper proportions with the iron and fuel. The slag is a liquid mixture of ash, flux, and other impurities."

Boas

Post by Boas » 20 Oct 2014, 10:57

Well we have "solved" that matter on our little part of the world, since we are more persons that gather herbs, and there is one person that is the "medic"...

That way, the smith needs to pay a little more for the flux, and that makes it valuable to be the "herber" on the server...

I belive, that it is great, that you can use a person that has spend his points on herbalism and not on a lot of the other skills...

That it could be fair, that you need a little less than 6 flux to make stell I won't argue... Still the "trick" seems to be, that you make Steel Ingots, since they cost the same as the others, and then break that one down into smaller pices... ;)

Fluffypinkbunny

Post by Fluffypinkbunny » 20 Oct 2014, 14:07

It's not a trick to break Steel ingots into bars/lumps, it's a design

(my report to the bug tracker)
"Currently (according to the wiki, I haven't tried),
it costs 12 flux to make one ingot of steel.
it costs 6 flux to make one bar of steel.
it costs 2 flux to make one lump of steel.

since one ingot makes 5 bars, and one bar makes 8 lumps, it's much more cost effective to make the higher item, than the lower.

I would much rather, use 12 flux, to make 5 bars, than 30 flux, and much much rather use 6 flux to make 1 bar, than 16 to make 8 lumps.

or if you take the math to silly levels, 1 ingot (12 flux), 5 bars (30 flux), 40 lumps (80 flux)"

(their answer)

binart (developer)
2014-10-15 19:59
"all math u provided is right, and this is right that making ingots more efficient, u allways have a choice)"

Return to Suggestions and Ideas