Can't Breed Chickens.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Beerbatov

Can't Breed Chickens.

Post by Beerbatov » 22 Sep 2014, 15:45

We have the required skill level to do it, what other requirements do we need to breed the chickens? Thanks in advance.

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Re: Can't Breed Chickens.

Post by Alfie » 22 Sep 2014, 16:16

Not sure how much you know or not so I'll explain from the top.

You put snares in the wild. You catch rabbits / chickens in them (the snares will be "up" - takes a while and seems like a random dice roll).

You then get these "tickets" with a picture of a rabbit / chicken on it from the snares.

To do any actual breeding, you need to build a coop (takes 50 construction). You can then drag the tickets into the coop. You put them into the breeding pens.

You'll need to clean up their poop etc, which is farming related skills. Animal lore specifically is for breeding and using the coop.

I haven't done much farming at all. Guildie explained it. Pretty neat stuff.
Anquer Quare
www.Anquer-Quare.com | www.AQServers.com

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Beerbatov

Post by Beerbatov » 22 Sep 2014, 16:22

We have the coops up filled with Chickens, just can't drag them into the breeding part of the coop. Thanks for the respone though.

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 22 Sep 2014, 16:36

Beerbatov wrote:We have the coops up filled with Chickens, just can't drag them into the breeding part of the coop. Thanks for the respone though.

Do you have 30 animal lore?
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 22 Sep 2014, 17:26

Alfie wrote:
Beerbatov wrote:We have the coops up filled with Chickens, just can't drag them into the breeding part of the coop. Thanks for the respone though.

Do you have 30 animal lore?

In the pre-alpha tester section of the forum this was answered somewhat.

The breeding pens are only needed/used in the Barn and Stables.

In the Coop animals are seemingly suppose to breed by them selves.
But that mean I don't know if you need the level 30 skills because how would the Coop know who's skill level to use if multiple farmers are tending the Coop?

I have commented on that the interface is pretty confusing and a lot of the Animal Lore stuff is really weird.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 22 Sep 2014, 17:37

In the pre-alpha tester section of the forum this was answered somewhat.

The breeding pens are only needed/used in the Barn and Stables.

In the Coop animals are seemingly suppose to breed by them selves.
But that mean I don't know if you need the level 30 skills because how would the Coop know who's skill level to use if multiple farmers are tending the Coop?

I have commented on that the interface is pretty confusing and a lot of the Animal Lore stuff is really weird.

As far as I'm aware you require 30 skill to be able to put them in the breeding pens (there are 6 breeding slots in the middle of the coop). Past that, you're just tending to the coop (thus don't need 30).

Least that's how I thought it was working.
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy

Krawdad

Post by Krawdad » 22 Sep 2014, 18:58

I haven't tried putting fresh-caught animals into the Breeding Pens directly, but I was also not able to put animals that were already in the Coop into the Breeding Pens section, even though I have enough skill.

Perhaps you have to put new animals into the breeding section? Seems odd but i will give it a shot next animals i find.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 22 Sep 2014, 19:25

breeding-small-animals-in-coop-t1698/
valirius wrote:They reproduce themselves. I it took about a day again, when filling the coop minimum 10 animals one same type
Bobik wrote:It will be faster the more animals you have. And yes, breeding pens are available only in barns (1 pen), small stables (2 or 3 don't remember) and large stables (4).

That is where I have my information from.
No mention of needed Animal Lore skill for coop breeding though.

- Shores of Hazeron

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 22 Sep 2014, 19:46

Deantwo wrote:http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/breeding-small-animals-in-coop-t1698/
valirius wrote:They reproduce themselves. I it took about a day again, when filling the coop minimum 10 animals one same type
Bobik wrote:It will be faster the more animals you have. And yes, breeding pens are available only in barns (1 pen), small stables (2 or 3 don't remember) and large stables (4).

That is where I have my information from.
No mention of needed Animal Lore skill for coop breeding though.

Hmm, must have it wrong then. About to find out very shortly.
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy

Noodleguitar

Post by Noodleguitar » 24 Sep 2014, 11:56

Deantwo wrote:But that mean I don't know if you need the level 30 skills because how would the Coop know who's skill level to use if multiple farmers are tending the Coop?

I think you don't need any skill to have them breed automatically. A buddy of mine had a coop with ~10 chickens and I'm pretty sure his Animal Lore was < 30 when he got a baby chicken (after about a day).

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 24 Sep 2014, 13:19

Noodleguitar wrote:
Deantwo wrote:But that mean I don't know if you need the level 30 skills because how would the Coop know who's skill level to use if multiple farmers are tending the Coop?

I think you don't need any skill to have them breed automatically. A buddy of mine had a coop with ~10 chickens and I'm pretty sure his Animal Lore was < 30 when he got a baby chicken (after about a day).

Yeah that is what I would expect, but then why the hell write it in the Animal Lore skill's level 30 milestone? *sighes*

- Shores of Hazeron

Reaganomicon

Post by Reaganomicon » 24 Sep 2014, 14:42

Coops don't actually have any breeding pens and barns and such don't allow small animals inside.

Can we have a high-tech supercoop tia

Your_eviltwin

Post by Your_eviltwin » 01 Oct 2014, 10:13

Reaganomicon wrote:Coops don't actually have any breeding pens and barns and such don't allow small animals inside.

Can we have a high-tech supercoop tia

? The Coop o build has 8 breeding pens that are grayed out with X's and the Animal Lore skill stats that at level 30 you can breed in coop.

However I'm nearly level 50 in Animal Lore and i still cant breed. and now my animals have all died of old age.

is this a bug?

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 01 Oct 2014, 11:35

- Shores of Hazeron

GIJhen

Post by GIJhen » 01 Oct 2014, 19:31

my breeding is past 30 and the coop breeding slots are all X'd out. Does that mean that all they do is auto breed. Also has any caught roosters because as far as I can tell hares and chickens have no gender?

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 01 Oct 2014, 20:08

GIJhen wrote:my breeding is past 30 and the coop breeding slots are all X'd out. Does that mean that all they do is auto breed. Also has any caught roosters because as far as I can tell hares and chickens have no gender?

Sigh, read my post right above yours!

Seemingly they have no genders, yes. Unless that is a bug, but for small animals I could see why it wouldn't matter.

- Shores of Hazeron

Rosebud

Post by Rosebud » 01 Oct 2014, 23:14

How do I make an animal coop...is it related to a tool, or a construction option?

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 02 Oct 2014, 06:17

Rosebud wrote:How do I make an animal coop...is it related to a tool, or a construction option?

Construction skill level 50. Check the wiki some time.
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Coop

- Shores of Hazeron

Monokoi

Post by Monokoi » 09 Oct 2014, 11:15

Having the same issue:

Coop stocked with six chickens, multiple food sources given. They lay eggs, grow old and die without having bread.

Considering how long everything takes in this game, the real time lifespan of a chicken is far too short.
Intel Xeon E3 1231v3 @3.4GHz
Ballistix 16 Gb DDR3
Samsung Pro SSD
Saphire R HD6870 1Gb GDDR5

Federick

Post by Federick » 09 Oct 2014, 12:37

:( Tried, cant seem to breed any chickens as well.. are breeding really spoil?

Also after slaughtering those chickens, i can't seem to get chickens meat.

Current States:
Animal Lore: 70
Procuration: 90

Yal_Yager

Post by Yal_Yager » 10 Oct 2014, 08:19

Monokoi wrote:Considering how long everything takes in this game, the real time lifespan of a chicken is far too short.

QFE

Swiftfoot

Post by Swiftfoot » 27 Oct 2014, 18:43

I've gotten the chickens to breed automatically one time and that was before they supposedly raised their breeding rates. Since then I've not been able to breed 1 Chicken or Hare so I'm starting to think something got messed up when they "fixed it".

Edit: also the one time I did breed, the coop was not claimed, which doesn't fit logically with the fact that breeding requires 30 skill in animal lore.

Alex17

Post by Alex17 » 29 Oct 2014, 06:27

Chickens i think can only breed between ages 5 and 7. during that time there's a .04% chance that two will combine quality numbers and make a chick age 0. Its only a short ammount of time and a low percentage.

Just trap them

Return to Newcomer Section