Grouping and Claims

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

JesseLee
Devoted Believer

Grouping and Claims

Post by JesseLee » 24 Oct 2014, 21:28

Problem:
I know that guilds themselves are stated to not be implemented in the YO version, but we really need something that allows us to give permissions to other players that are cooperating with us. The game is EXTREMELY team work reliant if you are not boosting the skill point caps and the fact that we can not share things such as gates/warehouses/homes with other players is pretty prohibitive of cooperation.

For example, within the perimeters of our settlement we have several stone gatehouses that need to be claimed so that outsiders can not just come in and steal the things we have not locked up (such as a box for fresh made tools outside the blacksmith's shop). Yes, we can use warehouses and large warehouses, but the amount of weight they hold is ridiculously low. I should be able to allow people in my group access to the things I have claimed.

This becomes even more of an issue when I am dealing with myself living on the west coast of the United States and having members of my group that live in Europe; at times I will go to sleep shortly before one of them logs in, and if I have something claimed to protect from enemies they can't access that building until I log in again. Yes, 24h is short but it can seem a long time if someone has trouble going to work because the blacksmith in town has locked up the tools they made and the miner's tools all break.

Solution:
Alliance page that allows us to add people to our alliance. This can be set by a specific person, if you would like to make it like a smaller guild and have a leader with permissions. However, to make it less of a guild type deal and more like a "buddies list" I would recommend to have it be based off of personal claims. Allow us to right click on a player with a menu popup in Authority that will say "ally with player" and a popup will show to the other person similar to being able to create a group with them. If they accept then you both will be on each other's Alliance Page and you can set player specific permissions to your own claimed things with check-boxes such as "gates" "home" "warehousing."

This brings up another point, we should be able to access our homes as well. What is the purpose of having 5-10-16 rooms in a house when only a single person can claim it? We have 5 people bound to one house, yet since I claim it none of the others can use it for anything other than teleporting home.

An alliance page should not be used for messaging, however and I would recommend leaving personal messaging off, but the ability to share claims and possibly see when group members are on would be nice. That way we don't have to add people to steam to see when they are playing, only to have them play for 2 days and leave to join another server or group.

This game that relies so heavily on working with others should not have such a prohibitive claiming system.
Last edited by JesseLee on 29 Oct 2014, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

Tymefor

Re: Grouping and Claims

Post by Tymefor » 25 Oct 2014, 01:57

What do they need to get into the house to do??? If they wont a house to RP in build another. one of the big 3 story houses fits everything most clans need to put inside a house. And really if you are able to build one it should be so easy to build a bunch of small plasters outside your keep.

Everyone binds to the 1 house in the keep and has their own "townhouse" outside it if they need.

I think you missing the point of the bigger house are for more SPACE. we have 2 3story house but we really only need 1 as it holds 25 tanning tubs 10 drying racks loom workbench alchemy table and a bunch of stupid RP beds and stuff some idiot put in it. The alcemy table and workbench being inside it the only thing people seem to complain about as all the other activities really take place when we are online as a group anyway.

And hell we just tell them to build another and put it in their townhouse.

Josheru

Post by Josheru » 26 Oct 2014, 03:23

Tymefor wrote:What do they need to get into the house to do??? If they wont a house to RP in build another. one of the big 3 story houses fits everything most clans need to put inside a house. And really if you are able to build one it should be so easy to build a bunch of small plasters outside your keep.

Everyone binds to the 1 house in the keep and has their own "townhouse" outside it if they need.

I think you missing the point of the bigger house are for more SPACE. we have 2 3story house but we really only need 1 as it holds 25 tanning tubs 10 drying racks loom workbench alchemy table and a bunch of stupid RP beds and stuff some idiot put in it. The alcemy table and workbench being inside it the only thing people seem to complain about as all the other activities really take place when we are online as a group anyway.

And hell we just tell them to build another and put it in their townhouse.

I have no idea what I am reading here. Did you even bother to read the OP's post? Nothing you said is relevant to their concerns.

Worldsprayer
Alpha Tester

Post by Worldsprayer » 26 Oct 2014, 12:16

Complete agreement with OP. The main guild on the server I am on has built an impressive castle with surrounding palisade and town. But, as I am on the other side of the planet than most of the castle dwellers, I am rarely on when they are and vice versa. As such, there is never anyone around to open the gates for me to come in and use the tools and shops set out.

Being able to create a group, and then assign your structure to said group with only yourself able to do anything but certain tasks that you set would alleviate this form of issue. On such small populated servers, we need each other, but this is almost forcing us to play solo.
Service is Glory
Death in Service
Death is Glory

Rynea

Post by Rynea » 27 Oct 2014, 11:48

Shared permissions are a must have in this game. Along with decay/deconstruction and destroying tunnels currently one of the main missing features in my opinion.

There are just way too many issues with inventory management as it is currently and we need to see a lot of improvement in this regard. Sharing containers and being able to lock them when other players are not online makes proper teamwork in a gameworld possible.

It doesn't help when you always have to play at the same time, or otherwise be unable to share ressources without leaving them out in the open for others to take.

Defense without shared permissions to access the gates is simply not possible either in a gameworld. While it might work out in a real life scenario to have one person standing at a gate for 10 hours, I guess nearly everyone would agree that standing at a gate for 10 hours doing nothing else would be very tiresome in a game.

Not everyone has a 15x15 base where going to the door is a quick 20 steps.

Jaxomadar

Post by Jaxomadar » 29 Oct 2014, 14:10

Yes please add some form of system to YO to test bed what you plan for the MMO. YO should be used for that anyway.

Also claims need to be more than 24 hours. Maybe 72 or max of 168.

Gates and other structures need to have the shared command.

I hope the Devs will work towards this for the next big update.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas