NPCs,HeirsBooks,Bronze Age,Ships,Kingodoms,Captives

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Sprenkel

NPCs,HeirsBooks,Bronze Age,Ships,Kingodoms,Captives

Post by Sprenkel » 03 Nov 2014, 05:41

Hello im going to list a few ideas kinda all at once so bear with me some i think are really good and would fit well in the game, others are kinda on the fence.

1.NPCs: potential add NPCs that the player trade with or even command. if female models are implemented in the game may be more of a BANISHED route could be taken and have players build buildings for NPCs to live in and they will have kids which will grow up then the player could grow his small NPC village. NPCs could be given many jobs that will help out the player such as Guards, Farmers, Miners...ect.

2. Families/Royalty: This idea plays into female models and having something of "reputation" level or "right to rule". a player like a NPC can "get busy" ;) with one of the opposite sex and have kids. (dosnt have to been super nsfwXXXgonewild could be like fable in a sense.) this would be one way to grow your village so you dont end up having to do all the work your self.
.Royalty would come into play if your family that you have created gains enough influence with the NPCs for them to let you rule them. (or by force if thats your thing) which would make you royalty. If the character has a heir they could be taught a portion of the skills you have. this would be useful for when the player dies they would take control of their heir which already has some experience passed down from their fathers. Making heirs a really important asset to any kingdom to defend or kill during a siege.

3.Books: Books were not all that common in the medevil age and only the wealthy and educated would have them or that of the church. Books would act some what like children and heirs. If one skill is high enough he could contribute to a book written by player or maybe an NPC who has skills in writing (something of this nature). The book once read would boost ones skill of which the book was written to a certain skill level. Books would not level a character up to 100 but maybe something reasonable like LV50 or LV75 at max. A system where the skill learned by a book to be level 75 would not be constant. meaning your skill would slowly deteriorate over time as if the player is forgetting what he learned in the book. Books being not the most common in this time a Kingdom with a scribe & Battle master could quickly train a militia of players or NPCs and be some what powerful. FOR KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

4. Bronze Age: I have noticed the game has the player going from using stone age tech like axes made from flint and sharpened stones to iron and steel. why not add an in-between tier of bronze age tools & weapons made from copper and tin. Im not all to concerned about the tools but the weapons and armor would fit in the game quite well. Could add some Greek and Italian weapons and armor from antiquity. An example would be players/commanded NPCs with bronze armor and Hoplons with spears moving together in the new formation Phalanx. Which decreases their speed but increases their defensive skills or stamina. or men lining up in their Pre-Marian Roman gear in Triplex formation or even a formation similar to a Testudo.

5.Ships: Ships include topics already mentioned such as NPCs and Bronze Age tech, it also brings up and entirely new idea involving NPCs and the ideas of multiple islands and different cultures for each islands. Such as a Feudal Japanese-esc island or a Dessert island which all would have different resources available to them so trading with people from different islands or even raiding could be beneficial.
There would be different kinds of ships for the different "Tech-Trees". the earliest ships would being something along the lines of a wooden raft or canoe , then in the bronze age would be ships similar to Triremes which require a crew to row. ships in the iron age would be like norselandic long-ships and the largest and most resource demanding would resemble a large galley.
In each age there could be smaller ships of that type and lager ones so that there could be more of a variety.

6.Captives: The last but not least idea would be that of taking captives. currently in combat once the players hard health has been depleted they become unconscious and can be looted. the idea behind taking captives would be once a player/NPC has been knocked out they can have their hands tied and bound to a wooden pole from which their captors can lead them anywhere they wish to take them, either back to their village where they are forced to work, to the highest peak where they are sacrificed for a good harvest, or even forced to row their captors ships. of course the captives will be given chances to free themselves so they are not imprisoned for ever and can escape.

Hopefully some of my ideas caught you attention and will be implemented in the game or just got you thinking. either way id be pretty happy to finally see one of my ideas come to life. THANK YOU

P:S: would you so kindly allow people to wear Wolf and Bear pelts like barbarians XD

Arel37

Re: NPCs,HeirsBooks,Bronze Age,Ships,Kingodoms,Captives

Post by Arel37 » 03 Nov 2014, 17:04

Nice ideas but difficult to make

Solon64

Re: NPCs,HeirsBooks,Bronze Age,Ships,Kingodoms,Captives

Post by Solon64 » 03 Nov 2014, 21:42

I'll just go along here point by point, if that's alright with you?

1) It's been stated fairly often already that NPCs will not be in the game at all other than the starter island and potentially NPC vendors in the central NPC city. You want guards, farmers, miners, what have you, find players willing to do that and help you. There also will not be lineages or families due to this fact as well, sorry!*

*may change in the future, but for right now, nothing is planned along these lines.

2) Same as number 1 here, no NPCs. Royalty already exists, in a fashion, with the player guild system. A country (a group of players that own land) that has agreed to rule over other countries will be referred to as a kingdom, with a de facto "king/queen."

3) Books are a possible idea, and not bad, but I think they sort of go against the concept of specialization in the game, that you have to work for what you've achieved. Plus it would encourage botters and hackers who could just jumpstart people to skill 75 or what have you and grind from there. The devs have already said that they want the grind to level 100 in a skill to take anywhere from 6 months to a year. It's gonna be a long haul, but hitting legendary will mean something then, not just like WoW where you get to max character level in like a week.

4) The world is a fantasy one, although it is historically based in something resembling late 11th century to early 14th/15th century, minus gunpowder of course. Triremes would have been outdated at this point by a thousand years or more.

5) Ships are not planned for release, although there is hope that sometime after release sailing and ships will be implemented. It's a "down the road" project, but one that should, with any luck, come to fruition in the future.

6) Captives and slavery will not be implemented. At all. If you want to roleplay that, you'll need to find similar minded players. I mean, technically you could conquer a neighbor's village and tell everyone there "either you drop all your tools and follow me where I'll dump you in a pit and throw food down occasionally for several weeks, or I'll burn everything you own to the ground and murder you." In real life, you'd probably go with captivity. In this game, you'd more likely say "screw it, I'll rebuild elsewhere."

On the wolf and bear pelts: haha, that would be amusing. Possibly in the future, who knows, maybe a modder could throw that in.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas