New Structure: Mine Cap

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Phantom329

New Structure: Mine Cap

Post by Phantom329 » 11 Nov 2014, 06:12

I have been playing on a light RP server and we plan to use gold as a currency. Unfortunatly, another town has taken over our gold mine and we don't want to start a conflict. Thus my idea for a mine cap.

All it would be is a lockable door/gate on the outside of a mine. It could also block mining within a certain area so no one could just mine around it easily. In one of the loading pictures there is an example, all it needs is an actual door.

Orsus

Re: New Structure: Mine Cap

Post by Orsus » 11 Nov 2014, 07:49

Would not be a bad idea.

That or work the ground outside the mine until you can place walls and a gate there. Then lock it for the time being.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Phantom329

Post by Phantom329 » 11 Nov 2014, 07:56

You can't always make walls though, and if you could it still would not be as secure as a locked door.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 11 Nov 2014, 09:28

True. But until we do have something else that is the best way I can think of. That or start the mine away from the ore and tunnel into it. Terraform the ground steep enough so people can not climb it to get into the mine without tunnelling their own mine in, then leave an entrance with a gate before the hole in the ground.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 12 Nov 2014, 00:01

Sounds fun but really tends to be a little to carebear pve though. And I am a pve carebear. We have to remember that this is a pvp game aswell. Fighting over control of resources should be where our pvp players shine. going to a mine that's not on controlled claim should feel dangerous. Holding it and preventing others from using it, is great RP.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 12 Nov 2014, 00:10

I lean towards those that feel resources are the reason to pvp. Gold/Silver mines should be areas of conflict. The game already gives you the ability to terraform around the area of your mine to be able to place walls/gates, and secure it up. It just takes quite a lot of work to do. But that's sort of the point of the game, security of an area takes work to accomplish. I like that aspect of the game. Making it "easy" is all said and good, but making it too easy takes away from the accomplishment factor.

Phantom329

Post by Phantom329 » 12 Nov 2014, 01:42

I agree with those points but since the claim system in place is temporary, there might be a way to overpower the mine cap and claim it for yourself.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 12 Nov 2014, 04:16

Phantom329 wrote:I agree with those points but since the claim system in place is temporary, there might be a way to overpower the mine cap and claim it for yourself.

then whats the point in the first place??? having something like this doesn't add anything expect a bit of flair. which is all it should be. But really we haven't seen if there is any textures/artwork to the level 90 terraform "harden walls". It seem to suggest beams will be added which should make you mine look more "mine like". Keep claims on them out of it. Unless they are built on claimed land. Which would fall under contesting of monuments.

Will be interesting to see if many countries choose to monument Ore deposits over easier building land. Im thinking easier building and farming land would be first choice for monument locations. with a bit of thought put into making sure tiers 2-4 end up swallowing ore deposits.

Fluffypinkbunny

Post by Fluffypinkbunny » 12 Nov 2014, 15:49

even if the monuments so cover the ore, there is no protection under ground.

442. What prevents a player from walking into another faction's mine and mining it himself? If there is a wall built near the entrance, that still does not prevent him. The player can simply walk around it up the mountain, or dig near it, and probably still take the same ore without penalty. Of course, someone could PK him, but they might not want to lose alignment. So how do you defend your resources (trees, mines, animals) without losing alignment?

442 Once claim system will be implemented, guild TOWN claim will prevent to do most of the actions, so trees can not be cut, animals in barns can not be butchered or taken etc. As about mine, there are no owners underground. If you had extracted an ore and placed it in your warehouse - then it is yours. Otherwise it is FFA. But you can effectively close your mine entrance with a walls perimeter, so it will be hard for them to extract it. And if that mine is deep in your guild claim territory, they will need to build a looooong tunnel to snatch it. Yet it is all possible. Claims are working only on a surface, underground is a no mans territory without any claims.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 12 Nov 2014, 22:08

Fluffypinkbunny wrote:even if the monuments so cover the ore, there is no protection under ground.

442. What prevents a player from walking into another faction's mine and mining it himself? If there is a wall built near the entrance, that still does not prevent him. The player can simply walk around it up the mountain, or dig near it, and probably still take the same ore without penalty. Of course, someone could PK him, but they might not want to lose alignment. So how do you defend your resources (trees, mines, animals) without losing alignment?

442 Once claim system will be implemented, guild TOWN claim will prevent to do most of the actions, so trees can not be cut, animals in barns can not be butchered or taken etc. As about mine, there are no owners underground. If you had extracted an ore and placed it in your warehouse - then it is yours. Otherwise it is FFA. But you can effectively close your mine entrance with a walls perimeter, so it will be hard for them to extract it. And if that mine is deep in your guild claim territory, they will need to build a looooong tunnel to snatch it. Yet it is all possible. Claims are working only on a surface, underground is a no mans territory without any claims.

good point, I really don't think we should be able to claim ore deposits in any meaningful way. so I agree with underground being a no-mans land. Still claims being as large as they will be, will sort of mean that its unlikely anyone will bother trying to tunnel that far.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas