Item decay

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Orsus

Item decay

Post by Orsus » 14 Nov 2014, 17:50

With the new changes to item decay, as of this mornings update, there is going to be a lot of hurt feelings unless players all ready had everything stored in bags.

I had not been logged into the game for an hour before all the bags in my camp disappeared. We lost a lot of gear because of this. Flax stem that could not be placed into a storage container that had 300 space. Iron ingots, bars will go into them, that are unable to be stored inside containers. Tools, stacks of bars, mass amount of crafting materials, etc that we had been saving up for a large product.

This was from a small 2 person settlement. Imagine what the large settlements may have lost at this point.

To say its painfull at this point is an understatement.

/edit. After continued testing to see what can and cannot be stored in a crate or barrel. Flax stems, wooden boards, building logs, ingots of iron and copper, glass blower kit list will continue as I test further.

Ingots and glass blower kits can fit in chests.
Flax will fit into a wardrobe.

/edit loot bag decay seems to be about 1 hour real time. Will try and get an exact number later for it.
Last edited by Orsus on 15 Nov 2014, 22:49, edited 3 times in total.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Xarr666

Re: Item decay

Post by Xarr666 » 14 Nov 2014, 20:10

Just go to the official wiki and look up the item details:
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Flax_stem

lenghts means how big the item is and can only be placed in containers which can hold 4 or higher in lenght.

i just see that the lenght storage stuff is not on the wiki, maybe i will add it later there but that you get an idea how this works:

traders cart can store up to 7 (so even ore, soil etc can be stored)
chest can store items with a lenght of up to 4 (flax stems, boards etc)
barrel and crate can store only stuff which is 3 or lower afaik and so on

so yea, it is kinda messy right now to store stuff like boards, flax stems without the loot bags :(

Nextactus

Post by Nextactus » 15 Nov 2014, 01:32

only thing i have found so far that will not fit in a container (barrel,chest) is the building logs. all tools, ingots, flax stems will fit in chest. Now the fact that i can carry more on me than the chest can hold is a little weird but thats another story

Eve

Post by Eve » 15 Nov 2014, 04:23

Nextactus wrote:only thing i have found so far that will not fit in a container (barrel,chest) is the building logs. all tools, ingots, flax stems will fit in chest. Now the fact that i can carry more on me than the chest can hold is a little weird but thats another story

I agree, the chest should hold more then it does currently...
But all in all I actually hate the inventory system, it is so difficult to sort items and even find items at all when they are all stacks on top of each other...

I think they should have gave a warning of the incomming changes, or gave the initial timer 24 hrs real time so people had a chance to save things, after all not everyone can log in to play right after the patch... And there is no way to even know when the patch was even going to go live...

Patch notes said they warned us? Seriously?

Return to Feedback Section