Roleplay chat

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Olblach

Roleplay chat

Post by Olblach » 20 Nov 2014, 17:08

As I have played on a private RP server, it was confusing because the General chat was also used for RP messages, so it would be nice to have 2 separate chats, one for General OOC messages and one for General RP messages.

Maybe the server admins should be allowed to configure their own chat channels.

Falcion
True Believer

Re: Roleplay chat

Post by Falcion » 21 Nov 2014, 11:05

Local chat?

Also being more relaistic as you can only "hear" it when you're in range.

Olblach

Post by Olblach » 21 Nov 2014, 12:59

Sure, role-play in local channel, so if you are holding a market in one hour you will need to travel to every settlement and make a RP announcement.

Now, you're going to tell me that I can use the global channel for that. But the mix of rp and non rp chats in global is quite annoying if you ask me.

That's why when I was playing Neverwinter Nights, the hardcore RP servers out there were simply forbidding the use of Global channel for any non rp purpose. Personally I think that it's better to have two separate channels.

Roleplay: in-character
Not roleplay: out of character

So, either way a Role-play or an OOC companion chat to the global would be handy.

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 21 Nov 2014, 15:11

Use global.

Don't make redundant channels.

Olblach

Post by Olblach » 21 Nov 2014, 15:43

Okay one says "Use local", the other says "Use global", what else? Use system channel maybe?

Infamy

Post by Infamy » 21 Nov 2014, 16:39

Could just make it a server side option to add chat boxes such as a OOC chat or a In Character Chat? All the server host has to do is pretty much check a box or something of that nature for any additional Chat boxes he would like just my two cents....

Return to Suggestions and Ideas