Fix Timers on owned houses and log stacking

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Unsurper

Fix Timers on owned houses and log stacking

Post by Unsurper » 18 Nov 2014, 06:06

Why do I have to re-claim a house every 2 days? What if I am off a week, why do I need to lose my house? Does this make any sense at all. This is the dumbest thing in game right now claiming and re-claiming a house every 2 days. If you don't some other idiot can just stack logs in the air and claim it in my base and take all my stuff I worked days/hours for. You need to fix this...this is a major flaw in the game along with stacking logs in the air if no other log is under the previous log.

Willbonney
True Believer

Re: Fix Timers on owned houses and log stacking

Post by Willbonney » 18 Nov 2014, 17:46

That is the "default" setting for object claiming. GM's are capable of adjusting that setting to what they want.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 18 Nov 2014, 19:19

Then do not leave your belongings unattended. Especially if you are going to be gone for a week, as in your example.

Personally I like the having to claim a house (even if the timer is a bit to short, and I wish there was a reminder when you log in for it at least), that way if a player leaves the game or server it doesn't sit there for a month or more taking up space.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

General-Zod

Post by General-Zod » 18 Nov 2014, 21:34

Then do not leave your belongings unattended. Especially if you are going to be gone for a week, as in your example.

Personally I like the having to claim a house (even if the timer is a bit to short, and I wish there was a reminder when you log in for it at least), that way if a player leaves the game or server it doesn't sit there for a month or more taking up space.

I'm confused at the second half of your response.

If I build a house and leave the server the house I built would still sit there still be of no use to you. Even if you claimed my home and the "home slots" are filled they don't become unfilled because im inactive and you will still won't be able to "set as home".

Which means you still have to build your own home or dwelling if you wish to recall.

Which also means regardless of the claim timer you still have a useless building on the server.

Thus my confusion...

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 19 Nov 2014, 20:44

The claim timer will most likely be connected to decay rate of the building, if it is unclaimed then it will decay at a faster rate. Therefore it will be removed from the server faster than if a GM has to keep track of what building has been unoccupied for a long time and manually remove it.

Guess I could have said it better to remove any confusion. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately I do not think someone claiming a home would remove a players previously selection of that house as their home, as this could and probably would leave to ayers abusing it for griefing purposes.

Tripaha

Post by Tripaha » 19 Nov 2014, 21:38

Since to claim timer can be set by every server it is not a real issue, but Id like to see claim timer reset every time I "activate" the claimed object (open a door handle warehouse), that would remove the hassle of remembering to refresh claim timers by unclaiming and claiming my buildings and gates on regular intervals...

This would still leave the unused buildings becoming unclaimed after the set period of time.

-Tripaha

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 20 Nov 2014, 09:07

That is a good idea about opening and closing the door resetting the claim timer. As it would show usage on the structure, it should reset it then.

Really nice idea.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 20 Nov 2014, 13:20

Just opening and closing of the door is not enough effort in my opinion to raise the Authority skill.

Having a "Re-Claim" ability instead of the necessary unclaim/claim cycle to reset the timer would be nice however.

DichBach

Post by DichBach » 20 Nov 2014, 14:59

Tripaha wrote:Since to claim timer can be set by every server it is not a real issue, but Id like to see claim timer reset every time I "activate" the claimed object (open a door handle warehouse), that would remove the hassle of remembering to refresh claim timers by unclaiming and claiming my buildings and gates on regular intervals...

This would still leave the unused buildings becoming unclaimed after the set period of time.

-Tripaha

I'm a server admin and I do not know how to change the claim timer.

Is it a line in a config file?

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 20 Nov 2014, 15:13

Refer to the mod section of forums, here's a "how to" post from there:

modding-guide-part-one-t4811/

DichBach

Post by DichBach » 20 Nov 2014, 16:10

Willbonney wrote:Refer to the mod section of forums, here's a "how to" post from there:

Sweet, thanks Will :D

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 20 Nov 2014, 16:22

DichBach wrote:
Willbonney wrote:Refer to the mod section of forums, here's a "how to" post from there:

Sweet, thanks Will :D

Any time bud, enjoy.

Tripaha

Post by Tripaha » 23 Nov 2014, 14:14

Willbonney wrote:Just opening and closing of the door is not enough effort in my opinion to raise the Authority skill.

Having a "Re-Claim" ability instead of the necessary unclaim/claim cycle to reset the timer would be nice however.

On the same lines on this, skillgain should only come with claiming/unclaiming or something like that. But the "refreshing by use" could easily do just that without any skillchecks.

DichBach

Post by DichBach » 23 Nov 2014, 22:48

Tripaha wrote:
Willbonney wrote:Just opening and closing of the door is not enough effort in my opinion to raise the Authority skill.

On the same lines on this, skillgain should only come with claiming/unclaiming or something like that. But the "refreshing by use" could easily do just that without any skillchecks.

"Authority" is not just a matter of how much stuff you own; how long you have owned it is also part of it.

So if getting a bit of authority points doesn't come from claiming/reclaiming it should at least come from the time held in claim.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas