More Tools for Crafting

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Tymefor

More Tools for Crafting

Post by Tymefor » 01 Dec 2014, 23:17

Following a bit of chat in different threads I've been thinking that needing to have more than 1 tool equipped for crafting would add a lot of realism. I'm also a fan of anything that slows the game down so it fits nicely there aswell. It could also be more about adding a bit more complexity to quality calculation than an actual requirement of craft.

So the tool contribution to quality could be broken down into 4 parts 2.5% each tool equipped to the max total of 10% modifier from tools. But the minimum tool requirement could remain as it is you just wouldn't receive the bonuses to quality without the other tools equipped.

Moving into the MMO I think we need more things to make our profession choices feel different. And people performing them loof different. Its fine atm with most people running on servers that have higher skill caps. But when we are playing with 600-700 points and focused on fewer tradeskills. I think we will want to be able to have a way to "perfect" that choice. And working towards having a full set of 100q tools for our crafts would add a bit more "endgame". Perhaps minimum skill levels for equipping them would work nicely there also.

Probably need more tools than we have available atm to make this work but here's a few ideas for combos that I've come up with so far.

Prospecting Minimum: No tool
Modifiers: Shovel, Pick, Bag, Torch

Mining Minimum: Primitive Pick
Modifiers: Pickaxe, Torch, Shovel, Backpack

Smelting Minimum: Primitive Crucible and stick
Modifiers: Metal crucible, Tongs, Gloves, Mold

Forging Minimum: Primitive hammer
Modifiers: Blacksmiths Hammer, Tongs, Gloves, Plunge Barrel

Armorsmithing Minimum: Primitive hammer
Modifiers: Blacksmiths Hammer, Tongs, Gloves, Weaver's toolkit

there are many options and I could go on with every crafting line. But I hope you get where im going with this :)

Orsus

Re: More Tools for Crafting

Post by Orsus » 02 Dec 2014, 05:54

Add a canary to the Mining tools list please.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas