Motion sickness

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Trekkan

Motion sickness

Post by Trekkan » 21 Dec 2014, 00:30

Is there any way to limit the camera movement when doing actions like teraforming, etc? Basically so that you just see your character doing the actions, not the camera sway, etc?

The problem is the game is giving me crazy motion sickness and I can't find any way to stop it. I want to keep playing the game (and I've even setup a dedicated server already), but I'm not going to be able to keep playing if I can't figure out a way to stop the motion sickness it's causing.

Great game and I want to continue to play/support it!

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: Motion sickness

Post by Hoshiqua » 21 Dec 2014, 01:26

In third person it is a lot better. Are you playing in first person ?

Trekkan

Post by Trekkan » 21 Dec 2014, 01:58

I did switch to 3'rd person, however the sway back and forth when terraforming and whatnot is what got me. I can handle it for a little bit, but not too long.

I'd just like a way to lock the camera, as in no head bob type of stuff.

Chew_Magna

Post by Chew_Magna » 21 Dec 2014, 02:57

Don't look down when you're doing an action. I don't get motion sickness from it, I just find it really annoying. So I start my action and then point the camera more upwards. Problem solved.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 21 Dec 2014, 05:38

It would not be a bad idea for the Devs to remove that character camera movements in 1st person view when crafting or allowing the player to disable it themselves so those that enjoy it can still keep it.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Trekkan

Post by Trekkan » 21 Dec 2014, 21:30

I'll try moving the camera as suggested, but it'd still be nice to not have to look at the sky all the time. ;)

Also agreed that I wouldn't want to remove it for those that aren't affected by it, but it would be nice to have a toggle for it. While I'm sure we (who have this issue) aren't a large percentage of players, I know three other people offhand that would get the game but haven't because of the issue I'm having. So there are others out there and I hope the devs will take this into consideration.

We want to play your game! =)

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 22 Dec 2014, 08:37

Me AND my friends who try to play the game cannot play for very long because of motion sickness (of varying degrees). No other game has ever made me feel this way.

I have complained on multiple occasions, and Bobik has even said that he would reduce the camera movement- but there really needs to be an option to turn it off completely.

I want my camera to be completely still while performing an action.

I fear otherwise that there is a good percentage of people are being discouraged from playing, whether they know it or not.

Silifaira

Post by Silifaira » 23 Dec 2014, 06:17

Yes...I would love to be able to play this game. As it is, it is unplayable. Please please please add an option to turn the camera motion off.

Thanks!!

Turbosnooze

Post by Turbosnooze » 15 Jan 2015, 15:46

The game concept is great but I am also unable to play due to motion sickness. Game design based on fov of 75 combined with fast camera movement and head bobbing. :bad:

Make the option to disable head bobbing please. Currently it feels as if the camera is literally attached to the character's face.

Return to General Discussion