Is cooking broken?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Deranth

Is cooking broken?

Post by Deranth » 27 Dec 2014, 12:35

I've been slowly figuring things out with my friends, we have one person going down each skill tree on a private server.
I've finally gotten far enough in procuration to be able to start cooking, and I have been completely unable to gain any skill levels.

Here are the details.
I was, at first, using an oven and a primitive cooking pot.
I thought, after 2 successful meals with no gains, that I might need to upgrade my pot, so I got our blacksmith to make me a cooking pot.
After two more meals, I searched around online and found someone saying that you needed a big cauldron to get gains. I then convinced our blacksmith to waste the 18 ingots to give it a shot.
The big cauldron was showing about twice as many options for cooking as the oven, so I got excited and gave it a shot. Two meals later with no gains, I got pissed off and moved my charcoal back to the oven to find that now the oven was showing those extra cooking options. I tried cooking another meal there and still got no gains.
I then tried cooking one of the 5 ingredient meals, but was unable to. The bar filled like I was cooking something, but when it finished nothing happened, no pop up error or anything.

My clan is trying to rush me into tailoring so I can get the stuff we need together to make training dummies, but I can't get there without cooking gains, and I don't know what's going on.

Atroxkeep

Re: Is cooking broken?

Post by Atroxkeep » 28 Dec 2014, 07:06

It almost sounds like something is bugged for you. Cooking works for me on any and all of the devices for cooking. Campfire, Big Cauldron, Oven or Kitchen and with either pot. But normally for me I dont see the high tier recipes until i get the required skill to make them. But i do get skill points for anything i make on any cooking item.

I think later on they are going to make it so each cooking device will allow you to prepare higher and higher tier recipes (ie camp fire: 1-2 ingredients, Big Cauldron 1-3, Oven 1-4 and Kitchen 1-5)

Orsus

Re: Is cooking broken?

Post by Orsus » 28 Dec 2014, 10:05

Did you have a cook pot equipped at the time?

Also what is the preceding skills level?

Were there any messages in the system chat?

Also if all else fails, do it again after logging out and include the system logs on a post here for the Devs and players that understand that to go through.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Return to Newcomer Section