380 Hours in, Some Suggestions

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Pauloserrano

Re: 380 Hours in, Some Suggestions

Post by Pauloserrano » 17 Nov 2014, 17:23

"1. I disagree here. First of all, 20 snares is alot. If it only took a few minutes to produce that many it would make catching animals trivial and coops worthless. Keep in mind that if playing in a group you should eventually get some coops and barns up, which will (once they are working properly) lower the amount of trapping needed.

Second, a 50x10 farm plot is huge. That would be a crop yield of 500-6000. Don't get me wrong, a bad crop yield would suck, but it is meant to. If you are planting food, an average yield would feed all but large clans for weeks. If farming flax, it would produce enough flax to keep someone busy for several days turning it in to fibers.

A larger clan would need those kind of yields, but they will have several farmers working together, which will reduce the time required to complete it. If you are playing solo or in a small clan, you really shouldn't need that much on a daily basis.

2. I would like to see a way to better organize warehouses.

3. I believe this is already planned."

I agree 100%. 12 seconds isnt that much. Solo the game is hard and you can't consider anything if you play with at least 5 or 6 people. Remember this is going to be a massive game. So, 30 people gathering stuff would take just a few mins to make hundreds os snares. Pretty trivial to me. The menial tasks are already easy enough.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 17 Nov 2014, 19:31

There were some farming changes made with this last patch, not really certain what all entailed.

When I first posted this I went 3 weeks of every harvest being 1/2/3 bunch stem harvests every single time, no matter soil quality or type (soil or fertilized). This was harvesting during Sunny Days.

The last two harvests I have had have been 4/8/12 bunch harvests on 90+ quality fertilized soil, and 2/4/6 harvests on 80+ quality plain Soil. Again, harvesting on a sunny day.

Soil quality also seems to be having an effect now on "rate of growth," but I haven't had enough harvests since this last patch to get enough data on this. What I have been able to tell is within the same field, some cells being ready to harvest before others.

As for the snare stuff, 20 snares is not a lot. It is 200 plant fibers and 24 branches. It takes about 3 hours for a single person to gather these. Tell me another basic profession, as in Forestry, Terraforming, or even farming, where it can take up to 3 hours to gather 224 basic items in the game. Snares take 0 in hunting, gathering plant fiber takes 0 in Nature's Lore, Snapping branches takes 0 in Forestry, these are all the most basic of crafts. 3 hours to make 20 basic items, where as I can make 20 tools from nothing to hammers in under an hour. Hell, I can kill, skin, dry, and tub 10 wild animals in 3 hours. In 3 hours I build a small plaster house. Much of the more advanced stuff takes the same amount of time as it takes to craft 20 of the most basic of items in the game, snares.

Advanced stuff should take time, the menial and low level stuff it should be much quicker and easier to accomplish.

Guenurid

Post by Guenurid » 15 Dec 2014, 21:16

Hi there everybody, to come back to the crop yield. I'm not sure but is it possible that if you harvest your crops as fast as possible it has the minimum size of yield. But when you wait for another , second or third crop cycle the yield increases? I'll test that in the future days.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 18 Dec 2014, 22:50

Slazer wrote:Hi there everybody, to come back to the crop yield. I'm not sure but is it possible that if you harvest your crops as fast as possible it has the minimum size of yield. But when you wait for another , second or third crop cycle the yield increases? I'll test that in the future days.

It is looking like sort of. The weather patterns immediately following crops ready to be harvested, still count towards whether the harvest was good (2,4,6), bad (1,2,3), or great (4,8,12) - seems random 1 in 3 chance which it becomes. The actual growth (visual) as well as quality increases are done, however harvest size can still be affected.

So yes, you can get higher quantity yields by waiting 2-3 more weather cycles.

I advise to set a timer though.

At lowest setting (.5 hours) plants are ready to be harvested in 4 hours, and despawn 2 hours after that. Start harvesting a good 30 minutes before that 6th hour.

With a normal setting of 3 hours (default) - 3hours/cycle x 8cycles = 24hours and then vanish 12 hours later (3x4).

Chew_Magna

Post by Chew_Magna » 19 Dec 2014, 05:48

I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize if this was already said.

I think the progress bars should be tied to the skill level like quality is.

I've worked many factory jobs and I can tell you that even the most average person will gain a lot of speed after doing the same task, over and over, for hours a day. People who are good will flat out amaze you with the speed they can perform complex tasks at.

Speed and quality should improve as a character gets better at specific tasks. This not only makes sense in a gaming perspective, but also follows suit with real life.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 19 Dec 2014, 20:14

Chew_Magna wrote:I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize if this was already said.

I think the progress bars should be tied to the skill level like quality is.

I've worked many factory jobs and I can tell you that even the most average person will gain a lot of speed after doing the same task, over and over, for hours a day. People who are good will flat out amaze you with the speed they can perform complex tasks at.

Speed and quality should improve as a character gets better at specific tasks. This not only makes sense in a gaming perspective, but also follows suit with real life.

I think you are talking about the speed it takes to accomplish something? As in, the amount of time it takes someone with 1 Cooking Skill to make Fried Beast in comparison to someone with 100 in the skill?

It works like that for 90% of the skills, the higher the skill, the faster that task bar goes. Quality of the tool used also matters with the speed of that bar for many skills. As in someone with 100 quality shovel terraforms faster than someone with a 50 quality shovel.

Avenroth

Post by Avenroth » 03 Jan 2015, 09:23

The issue with flax and lien as it appears to me is not how much crops one can obtain from the field or how long it takes to do so but rather how efficient the crops are. It seems simply silly to use up sooooo much flax stems to make just a little bit of lien. Boost that up and we are gonna be golden. Again same applies to game meat. A wild mutton gives you like what, 50 game meat? When I first started I managed to mutilate one with a shovel thinking 'it's payday! Got enough food for days!' It turn out to be not enough to fill up my hunger bar once when I cooked fried beast. It's just wierd at best.

Plant fibre is a pain, everyone admits that. Possible solution would be to add a higher level way of obrining large quantities of it without the necessity of punching grass for hours.

Guenurid

Post by Guenurid » 06 Jan 2015, 21:09

gotten Back Online, yesterday planted my fields and today after only 24 hours perfect yield 4,8,12 I'm harvesting by bright sun shine but haven't recorded the wheather during growing. so it seams that crop yield is wheather calculated. Lets have a wheather forcast in game :)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas