Making History!!!

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Cherubim

Making History!!!

Post by Cherubim » 12 Jan 2015, 16:26

I think that each nation/guild/kingdom or whatever that its called should have a way to chronicle its history and events.

This way every time a nation experiences war, espionage, major crimes, rebellions, raids etc its not gonna be something that just happens over and over again without some MEANING to it.

Just imagine, two years after LIF MMO has launched, there would probably be many guilds/nations that have risen and fallen in the span of two years.

Wouldn't we wanna leave some sort of legacy behind?

Everybody reads about how the roman/mongol/british empire have risen and fallen, imagine if we implemented a way to chronicle the rise and fall of such empires?

This way new players that first enter the game would be able to read up on their country's history and learn about the glorious victories, bloodbaths, infamous criminals, genocides, betrayals etc. Allowing players to fully understand the prejudice a nation has for another and the situation the world is currently in.

This way, players would be able to feel a stronger connection to the HONOR & LEGACY of their nation.

I think one way of implementing this idea would be to create a "BOOK" in which the nation's leader or perhaps a select few of players within the guild is permitted to edit and hold onto the history "Book".
They should also make it indestructible so that it can still be passed on even after the kingdom has long fallen.

Ok now lemme know what you guys think and please support it if you like it by giving a +1!!!!! :Yahoo!:

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Re: Making History!!!

Post by LordWiese » 12 Jan 2015, 17:01

My clan has more than a few dedicated RPers, and we've talked about using a few of them as chroniclers who record our history, from the start, to political, war, economic events etc. We've done this in another game, issue was they liked to embellish a little too much, to make us look good. Which, we were good, I just like to show the reality of everything, and not hide the negative events/times.

Cherubim

Post by Cherubim » 13 Jan 2015, 03:02

Hmm.. Good point. I would also like it if everything were to be recorded, the good and bad.

But than again if everyone else is doing it, the player would be able to cross check the history themselves and find out the truth.

Or perhaps maybe there could be a system in which for every time a war is lost or won or whenever a important building is destroyed etc. It would all be automatically recorded into the book? What do you guys think?

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 13 Jan 2015, 22:50

isn't this what forums are for??? there are guild sections and RP sections for exactly this purpose....

Return to Suggestions and Ideas