Pollination

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

NickNorthern

Pollination

Post by NickNorthern » 14 Jan 2015, 17:58

New to the forum and game but have already logged 150 hours and both my wife and I love the game and potential.

The two of us play on a private server and have a thriving village but would love for the non-pvp aspects of the game to be further developed. Perhaps this is already in the works, but here is my suggestion.

Pollination is an important process in the cycle of agriculture. Why not include it and deepen the farming dynamic, without adding too much in the way of complicating the farming process?

Use beehives to pollinate fields of crops, raising the quality of harvests and also producing honey. The more variety of crops there are to pollinate, the higher the quality of honey produced at the beehives. Beehives could have an area of effect on crops, or you could somehow use a 'fertilize' type feature where you assign squares of farmland to the beehive to pollinate.

No animations for bee's needed. But adding to the depth of non-pvp activities would help to invest in more casual/sim type players like us.

Rixie

Re: Pollination

Post by Rixie » 14 Jan 2015, 18:47

I for one support this idea. It would be nice to add usefulness to bees, and I agree that it does not have to be made too complicated. (No animations needed, etc.)

BaddieMan

Post by BaddieMan » 15 Jan 2015, 16:03

NickNorthern wrote:But adding to the depth of non-pvp activities would help to invest in more casual/sim type players like us.

Keep in mind that there is a very high chance of you not being able to farm in that way. It will be an open pvp server with hundreds of different villages that will have set people to pillage/plunder/destroy what you have built. Personally, I expect to get hit at least once every day meaning that you will have to worry about getting killed by people constantly rather then farming.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the idea I just think that at least in the beginning and possibly throughout the entire time one server is up you will have a very slow start in farming.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Jan 2015, 22:46

So...... Honey is already in the game, but Hive functionality does not yet exist, so honey has to be created by a GM.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

NickNorthern

Post by NickNorthern » 16 Jan 2015, 18:37

Azzerhoden wrote:So...... Honey is already in the game, but Hive functionality does not yet exist, so honey has to be created by a GM.

Not sure what you are saying. Honey and beehives are finished then and coded and awaiting implementation, so no further suggestions are needed? Or, GM's have the ability to spawn honey so no dynamic like pollination is needed or wanted?

If either of the above is the case then that is cool. Just really unclear on what you said in your message.

BaddieMan

Post by BaddieMan » 16 Jan 2015, 19:23

The hive function as in to make it actually work is not implemented yet but everything else is ready to go. They just need to press the "play" button to get the actual action to use the hive to work.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas