Will the devs play a part in stirring up drama ingame?

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Immortal7777

Will the devs play a part in stirring up drama ingame?

Post by Immortal7777 » 17 Jan 2015, 06:22

If this to be an open world it would do wonders for the game if devs could organize events that would give pvp A purpose other than for the Lolz. Take world of Warcraft's zombie event for instance. Back in the tail end of the burning crusade they organized an event in which a plague would turn you into a zombie and by day 5 entire cities were overran and their were huge battles trying to fight them off.

Now I know this is suppose to be a more realistic game so what if it was something like taking control of NPCs to ensure players get their own story and impact on the world. Games like WoW seem so stagnant, the world never changes. We know everything that will happen in zones so the world just feels decollate

But if some mods would say send assassins to kill a political ruler while pretending to be from another kingdom they could really stir up conflict and make the world alive.

Play a part in the game

Popy

Re: Will the devs play a part in stirring up drama ingame?

Post by Popy » 17 Jan 2015, 18:05

That's a sandox game, I hope devs won't mess geopolitics. Of course some events without really valuable reward other than having fun could be a good thing, ut a sandbox should live by itself.

Cojultad

Post by Cojultad » 17 Jan 2015, 22:05

Popy wrote:That's a sandox game, I hope devs won't mess geopolitics. Of course some events without really valuable reward other than having fun could be a good thing, ut a sandbox should live by itself.

Why not? It would add to the role playing rather than a dead world. Why couldn't the mods build something? I don't see how this conflicts with a sandbox game.

Popy

Post by Popy » 18 Jan 2015, 11:10

Because if devs organize a raid against your realm, you won't be happy :)

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 18 Jan 2015, 14:29

You won't need our help. Players in the MMO will stir up more drama than an episode of "Jersey Shore".

Cojultad

Post by Cojultad » 18 Jan 2015, 17:13

Popy wrote:Because if devs organize a raid against your realm, you won't be happy :)

Why wouldn't I be happy that wars have meaning? Players will stir up plenty of wars but random events from the mods would really make this a great mmo.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Jan 2015, 17:23

Saxxon wrote:You won't need our help. Players in the MMO will stir up more drama than an episode of "Jersey Shore".

Hopefully all of you will get a chance to play the game anonymously. That can be tricky in a sandbox environment.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas