Animal Spawning?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Juro

Animal Spawning?

Post by Juro » 11 Jan 2015, 18:58

Are animals appear during server restart? I'm skilled in hunting and tracks looks like bugged ... Paw prints rarely appear when the tracking action is successful. Tried many times. If it show it always bring me to places where are totally empty. One time led to the sea. Any helpful ideas if I'm doing it wrong or it just show me spawn point of animal and someone already killed it?

Mistreena

Re: Animal Spawning?

Post by Mistreena » 27 Jan 2015, 01:07

I am having the same issue. I have found that, once per session (as in, I have to exit the game and restart it every time), I am able to hunt and actually see the animal tracks.

Once I am able to see the tracks, however, I can follow them to a hare. It takes a while, and sometimes I lose the tracks and have to click "track peaceful animal" again, but if I keep following the tracks I will eventually hear the movement of the hare as it runs away from me, and I can find and hunt it (slingshot is inaccurate, but powerful and the best weapon I have so far).

Nachtschatten

Re: Animal Spawning?

Post by Nachtschatten » 27 Jan 2015, 09:45

Try to reduce the grass distance in your cideo settings to 0 helps to actually see the tracks...
Tracks do lead to animals but it doesnt really mean that the animal went on these tracks, its just the direction. I do think that the animals always spawn in certain locations on the map...
It may take quite a way to get to the next "location" if you start at a random point.
And remember: build the barn/stable/coop first before you tame animals

Return to Newcomer Section