Steam wont Launch Client if server is running

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Wardenoffaith

Steam wont Launch Client if server is running

Post by Wardenoffaith » 31 Jan 2015, 17:19

So I purchased the game through Steam, and I can launch everything fine, created a server, everything seems good. But if I exit the client and launch it again, Steam tells me it is already running because the server is still running in the background. How can I relaunch the client while my server is running? I'd hate to have to reload the server every time I want to reconnect.

KyrahAbattoir

Re: Steam wont Launch Client if server is running

Post by KyrahAbattoir » 02 Feb 2015, 12:13

Install the dedicated server. from the 'tools' section.
Check my amazing (NSFW) creations! http://kdc.ethernia.net

Tyboroth

Re: Steam wont Launch Client if server is running

Post by Tyboroth » 24 Feb 2015, 23:22

Wardenoffaith wrote:So I purchased the game through Steam, and I can launch everything fine, created a server, everything seems good. But if I exit the client and launch it again, Steam tells me it is already running because the server is still running in the background. How can I relaunch the client while my server is running? I'd hate to have to reload the server every time I want to reconnect.

Do NOT run the dedicated server through Steam after downloading the Dedicated server tool under "Tools" (same place where you download already owned games, just change it in the header somewhere).

Hope it helps!

Return to Newcomer Section