questions for making a multiplayer server(not dedicated)

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Goliath118

questions for making a multiplayer server(not dedicated)

Post by Goliath118 » 09 Feb 2015, 11:16

hi ive just bought this game and was wondering how I can make it so that my server can be

1. seen on the server list

2.accessed by other people

I know I can buy a dedicated server but that is extremely overpriced,ive asked this question in many places and I cant seem to get any response,i feel bad because ive made my LIF world great so far all on my own and tailored it to support many people,any insight would be welcome.

Tyboroth

Re: questions for making a multiplayer server(not dedicated)

Post by Tyboroth » 24 Feb 2015, 23:25

Goliath118 wrote:hi ive just bought this game and was wondering how I can make it so that my server can be

1. seen on the server list

2.accessed by other people

I know I can buy a dedicated server but that is extremely overpriced,ive asked this question in many places and I cant seem to get any response,i feel bad because ive made my LIF world great so far all on my own and tailored it to support many people,any insight would be welcome.

You have to make a server using the dedicated server tool if you want to be seen on the server list.

You can host your own server - use youtube to view tutorials in how to do so; just search for "Life is Feudal server set up" or something like that; that's how I figured it out. Make sure it also shows how you open up the ports in the firewall.

If it does not work, you might have to open up ports in the router - it can be difficult if you do not know how to do so, unfortunately.

Return to Newcomer Section