Bugged Items

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Yaz

Bugged Items

Post by Yaz » 01 Mar 2015, 02:45

As of today from the latest patch there are a few items on my server that are bugged.

*Updated*
Plaster Huts
Tanning Tubs
Drying Racks for furs
wheelbarrow
Logs - Trees that were chopped down disappeared on update
Animal Traps
Camp Fires

There could be more and I will update my post if I find more.

Upon updating the server the items were gone. Recreating them results in them disappearing again.
Last edited by Yaz on 01 Mar 2015, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

Yaz

Re: Bugged Items

Post by Yaz » 01 Mar 2015, 02:56

Also to add, I have noticed minor lag throughout the day cycle now rather than just at dawn.

Yaz

Post by Yaz » 01 Mar 2015, 08:44

So after wiping my server, setting decay to 0, and rebuilding my little area....

things are still disappearing :(

i made a small plaster hut and claimed it. not even 1 in game day passed and it was gone!.. my campfire too.

How disappointing! i hope this doesn't negatively effect the player basis on my server!

Schlagstahl

Post by Schlagstahl » 01 Mar 2015, 09:04

Dear Yaz,

we have the bugs to, the tunning tubs cant use and the items befor update are missing.

Deshke

Post by Deshke » 01 Mar 2015, 11:41

cant lift Hard/Softwood tree log unless admin account, log in spoiler

Spoiler

Nickg4000

Post by Nickg4000 » 01 Mar 2015, 11:45

As of update yesterday, snares, tanning tubs, drying racks have been disappearing. Both between games and in game - I just made some drying racks put some hides on, turned round to construct a loom, when I turned back it had all gone. Really annoying :evil:

Saltus

Post by Saltus » 01 Mar 2015, 12:13

Same here - many Items (I guess mostly the ones build with the construction skill) disappear after the dawn-refresh-lag. It seems that the ones you did not move/use aren't deleted. I play on my own server where I have set object decay to 0 because 2-3 ingame days is just nuts especially if you have plant growth set to 0.5h in order to be able to harvest crops every 4h if needed, which means that in less than 2h my whole server could be empty because everything decayed.

So either object decay at 0 isn't actually 0 and things still decay or there is a database saving issue, where used or moved items are not properly saved and that why disappear after the server refresh.

I do not mind having some problems here and there but almost all of your ingame "work" disappearing in no time makes the game unplayable at the moment imo. So I really hope for a hotfix asap. :shock:

Yaz

Post by Yaz » 01 Mar 2015, 18:31

I assure its not just things that are moved. I had made a plaster hut last night after the patch and this morning it was gone :(

Bachigua
Devoted Believer

Post by Bachigua » 01 Mar 2015, 18:54

After server update I also lost:

6 tanning tubs
4 drying frames
1 Trader Cart (loaded with stuff and used daily)
1 Loom (was in my keep)
100 stacked logs

Today I reloaded my server and a chest loaded with stuff is now gone as well (again I use this chest daily)

And yet the spinning wheel that I haven't used in weeks is still there...

Yaz

Post by Yaz » 01 Mar 2015, 20:04

ya i used GM tools to set up a small plaster house. gonna see how long it lasts. lol

Mistreena

Post by Mistreena » 02 Mar 2015, 00:56

My husband and I use my server, and when he went to look at the tiny shack that was built for him, it disappeared in front of him. Shortly after that the game glitched and crashed, and when I re-started it I discovered that the tiny shack still was gone, as well as a crate full of herbs, potion preparations, etc, my tanning tub, and the drying rack. I am sorely disappointed and almost don't feel like playing the game anymore as it took a long time to gather all those herbs, and get to where we are now on the server. I looked through the forums and wiki to discover that a new patch was brought out before re-starting my game since I was curious about the shack disappearing. when I started the game again I double checked that the Decay Rate was still set at zero. It did not seem to help any.

T.T

Yaz

Post by Yaz » 02 Mar 2015, 02:55

A small update. The small plaster hut i built with my GM toon is still standing...

it is still claimed by my GM toon as well. I am wondering if i build something without being GM if it will still stand tomorrow..

I have been hearing things that if a GM picks up logs then anyone on the server can.

I just wonder if it is somehow related

Valheru_wolf

Post by Valheru_wolf » 02 Mar 2015, 10:04

Ok, figured I would bring this up, but since the claim system is implemented to keep anything it has to be on a claim or any server restart / time delay stuff just burns down. Hoping this solves most of your problems.

Building a monument to stake a claim is done by the Authority > build a monument.

Saltus

Post by Saltus » 02 Mar 2015, 13:34

Mistreena wrote:My husband and I use my server, and when he went to look at the tiny shack that was built for him, it disappeared in front of him. Shortly after that the game glitched and crashed, and when I re-started it I discovered that the tiny shack still was gone, as well as a crate full of herbs, potion preparations, etc, my tanning tub, and the drying rack. I am sorely disappointed and almost don't feel like playing the game anymore as it took a long time to gather all those herbs, and get to where we are now on the server. I looked through the forums and wiki to discover that a new patch was brought out before re-starting my game since I was curious about the shack disappearing. when I started the game again I double checked that the Decay Rate was still set at zero. It did not seem to help any.

T.T

If you run your own server as I do with my girlfriend I like to suggest you to do the same as I am doing: (Unfortunately) Keep your server offline until there is a hotfix/fix/update available that resolves the issue and then switch into GM Mode by using /GM "yoursetGMpassword". Then you can just respawn items that have gone missing or rebuild structures that vanished. It might feel a bit like cheating but I do not see any reason to let a game be buggy and hence "unfair" to you and not be a bit unfair yourself to balance it.

You can freely choose if you want to be a bit more on your side (higher quality goods / rebuild again with items to increase your skill and so on) or punish yourself a bit more (like not replacing everything that went missing).

In case you did not already know them:
https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/gmcommands.php

That is by the way one of the huge bonuses these super-private servers have. I can really feel the pain of the GM's of very crowded servers that will go on a mission and try to replace stuff, if they do not have a database backup to do so. Most of them will go for the wipe instead I guess as this is one of the few possible solutions where you do not favour anyone and others might feel betrayed.

Hope this helps you - good luck and please be patient as this is an early alpha and sh** like this happens in early alphas :oops:

Return to Feedback Section