some more databases

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Apuokas

some more databases

Post by Apuokas » 05 Mar 2015, 01:13

hallo,
i get lif:yo on steam for about 30€ and instaled it on virtual server a day ago. There was some red lines on startup, but at the end it was green and conected to steam. I could playing the game from my another pc at home. I cant see my server on your site and on steam, but how i red in forum etc., it seems to be not properly solved yet.
However i still have some questions:
1) In two hours i have no see animals- is it normal?
2) if i log out from server would i be able to live further on next login with same skils and things as i leaved the game?
3) it seems to be posible somehow to run one more "room" or "map" on same mashine. I think i should create another lif_2 database and world_2.xml file and run it in same way how the first server instanse. Is it posible? if yes, is it posible to join that bouth "rooms" into one so that there would be not two separate "3x3km-64players" "rooms" but one "6x3km-128players" "room"?
best regards

Bigsteve

Re: some more databases

Post by Bigsteve » 05 Mar 2015, 03:31

Answers to you q
1) i believe the server needs to go through a day & night cycle for animals to spawn, i may be wrong

2) yes, its a persistant world, unless you wipe the database all that you have done will be there.

3) yes you can have multiple World running on the same machine, BUT, they cannot be connected.

Apuokas

Post by Apuokas » 05 Mar 2015, 11:53

thank you for your answer Bigsteve.
But i still need more about questions 1 and 3:
1) in 2 hours of gameplay i heve seen no animals, is that ok?
3) how exactly can i run 2 "worlds" on same maschine?
best regards

Bigsteve

Post by Bigsteve » 05 Mar 2015, 14:33

1) by default a day cycle is 3 hours, its set in world_1.xml

2) i have not tried running a 2nd world on my machine as the Specs are not up to it, but i believe that that each world need a separate Database and World.xml file, ( note each world must use a different port number set).
To start each world:
"..\Steam\steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own Dedicated Server\ddctd_cm_yo_server.exe" -worldID 1

"..\Steam\steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own Dedicated Server\ddctd_cm_yo_server.exe" -worldID 2

i hope i have not forgotten something

Return to Newcomer Section