Should I buy?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

LordArthurius

Should I buy?

Post by LordArthurius » 05 Mar 2015, 20:49

Is the team consistent? How is the content? Crafting? Any game-breaking issues? How is the community? Are there guilds I can join?

Bjorn_Ragnarsson

Re: Should I buy?

Post by Bjorn_Ragnarsson » 05 Mar 2015, 21:04

Don't buy this game if you value your free time. If your friends/family enjoy your company and you are currently employed I would advise against purchasing this game. It is too addicting.

But seriously I would buy it if you enjoy crafting/sandbox games. Also if you are interested in joining a guild let me know.

LordArthurius

Post by LordArthurius » 05 Mar 2015, 22:00

Well, my free time is typically filled with gaming =P and I do not enjoy the company of others.... in person that is. haha. If I do buy the game I will contact you in regards to that guild!

Rarp

Post by Rarp » 06 Mar 2015, 15:19

To further answer your question a bit:

I have followed many dev teams through alpha. This is probably the most impressive development team I've seen in a long time. They know what needs to be done, and they're simply getting it done.

The game is definitely not for everyone. People love to cry about the broken combat, and their crops getting stolen then promptly rage quit. If you've played full loot games before, I wouldn't worry about it. If you haven't, you're in for a rude awakening. The first time you die and lose all your shit can be rather unsettling. The addition of guild claims makes this a LOT better.

The community is mixed. Most are really helpful, and friendly...until you kill them. Seriously killing people in this game brings out the inner demons. I've gotten yelled at, called names and even banned from servers for simply PvPing (didn't break any rules).

The crafting in this game is great, clearly so far it has been their focus. The combat is good if you know how to play the systems, but things like armor are completely useless and need to be rebalanced, big time.

The game needs work, but for an early release....well I've put in over 700 hours. It's really addictive, and really fun.

As for guilds to join: check out www.nightswatch.ca. We're an established guild with great players, and top notch PvP players.
ImagejoinToRemoteServer("lif.nightswatch.ca:28000","")
The Night's Watch is recruiting!
Web based skill calculator

LordArthurius

Post by LordArthurius » 06 Mar 2015, 19:34

Thank you very much for the reply as it was very informative! I do believe I will get it tonight when I return home! I've also been watching a few videos by PartiallyRoyal, and I am impressed from what I've seen before. I've played a lot of crafting games + games of this particular style, and I completely understand what it's like to have everything taken from you after gathering it all. hahah
Anyways! Thank you again, I shall be on later!

Rarp

Post by Rarp » 07 Mar 2015, 23:18

LordArthurius wrote:Thank you very much for the reply as it was very informative! I do believe I will get it tonight when I return home! I've also been watching a few videos by PartiallyRoyal, and I am impressed from what I've seen before. I've played a lot of crafting games + games of this particular style, and I completely understand what it's like to have everything taken from you after gathering it all. hahah
Anyways! Thank you again, I shall be on later!

The server is up now if you're interested in coming and joining us!
ImagejoinToRemoteServer("lif.nightswatch.ca:28000","")
The Night's Watch is recruiting!
Web based skill calculator

Return to Newcomer Section