Problem with Plantation and harvest

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Kellywicca

Post by Kellywicca » 20 Mar 2015, 02:48

We are having many problems with our harvest, some cabbages planted just had the return of 1 cabbage.

some carrots and potatoes came 2 or 1

With fetilize ground we have achieved a little more, but are only 4.

That is right? the values are so low?

we will try best to fertilize the soil and see if changes.

The climate is affecting planting? It may have been that? how can I have a significant harvest? maybe 10 for 1 cells ? Any guide about planting?

PS: soil texture when planted potatoes appeared black, lacked correct this error.

Thank you

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Re: Problem with Plantation and harvest

Post by Ubaciosamse » 20 Mar 2015, 06:39

Things that effect planting -
-Not 100% sure how much does fog effect the harvest/planting since I allways avoided it just in case-
-There is a time every now and then when for a few days up to a week you get bad crop yield. There is no valid way to get around it just wait and it will get better.

-Quiality of the soil affects only the quality of the harvested crops.
-Seed quality effects only the quality of the harvested crops.
Combination of these two gives the desiered quality of food.
Seeds do not increse the quality of the soil, however they lower the quality only if the seed quality is lower then the soil quality. If the seed quality is higher then the soil quality you will only get the food quality as a mixture of the soil and seed quality and the soil will stay the same.

How fertilizer works?
-Fertilizer(dung) has 2 roles.
1. You should pay attention to this one more then the other and I will explain why.
-Dung increses the yield of the crops. It can not go over the maximum yield ofc, example 12 flax seeds/stems is max for flax, per 1 spot.
2. Increses the soil quality ONLY if the dung quality is HIGHER then the soil quiality.

-If you just started off with farming and have low q dung, I would still use it until you get higher one.
You will get mixed q seeds in the end but try to replant those that are the highest quality if you are not in rush of food.
If the soil is 30 q for example. You use 26 q dung. Plant 10q seeds. Soil cant drop 2 much but u will get decent ammount of food back. And in time when the quality of the fertilizer increses the soil/food quality will increse.
Hope this helped a bit atleast :friends:
-UBA

Kellywicca

Re: Problem with Plantation and harvest

Post by Kellywicca » 21 Mar 2015, 20:09

thank you

Then there are periods such as a week or more that harvesting has low productivity, as if in the winter season.

and the only way around this is to wait for winter to pass.

I understand now how the dung works, what was really worrying was productivity.

I believe this will be good for business in the future and can charge more for out-planting that time.

Return to Feedback Section