My Feedback, Opinions, & Concerns.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

NorseKorean

My Feedback, Opinions, & Concerns.

Post by NorseKorean » 30 Mar 2015, 22:03

Hello! I haven't been playing long, about a week now...nearly non-stop. I host a server through a dedicated server provider, and am having a lot of fun.

I've been burned by so many early access games, as we all have, but I do feel like this game truly has so much potential, and is by far the best early access purchase that I've made, in fact I purchased about 10 copies for myself and my friends, so to say that I love this game already is an understatement.

However, I do have some concerns. Since I am new to this community, I don't know much, but I did as much research as I could before posting this.

Current Game State:

It's rough, but of course, alpha, so expected and I'm not going to bother mentioning bugs, etc.

So far, all the current systems, if elaborated on, could make the greatest sandbox experience in my 20+ years of gaming. For this, I applaud the devs.

I do wish for some things, that might make the world a bit more immersive, for instance make local chat into something akin to a /say? Perhaps an emote text thing, for example in most MMOs you have a "/me does something." sort of system.

The ability to use furniture, like chairs, beds and tables. I know, that this has been mentioned, but there should be a reason for crafting these things outside of appearance, perhaps one could get a resting bonus while sitting in a chair or sleeping in a bed.

Character creation and female genders, I know is coming, so again, I won't go into that.

Different types of outfits, just dresses, different kinds of pants + shirts, peasant clothes, etc would also be very nice.

Concerns About LiF: YO & MMO:

I have been an avid MMORPG player, having played nearly all existing MMORPGs to end-game before burning out and quitting, in fact that's what lead me to LiF: YO.

I find it refreshing that I can at last have some control over my community, with the power to kick and ban people who would troll my fellow RPers, to right wrongs myself and help the people on my server with their issues the best I can.

With an MMO, this ability is lost, but this isn't the sole reason why I'm wary of yet another MMO.

MMOs are hard to develop and maintain, while I am no developer or have actual knowledge about server structure, design, etc, I have played enough of them to know that they fail, quite often. With a large, single server on one giant landmass...I hesitate to recall the promises of a certain Elder Scrolls related MMO and their "mega-server", and its failings.

Though I find LiF: YO incredibly promising, all the features and gameplay has not yet been added...and with such a relatively unknown, to me at least, team of developers, for you guys to promise this grand dream of an MMO sandbox when the small scale version of the game has not yet been finished....has me worried.

It is nothing against the dev team, but I have just been burned by small or indie developed MMORPGs too much for me to really take any of the game's promises at face value, if you guys and gals do actually manage to succeed then you will have in me, a life time fan and player, but until I see otherwise...I remain guarded.

I feel like maybe splitting resources and stripping features of the core, smaller scale game to be implemented only in the MMO a troubling sign. Why not just flesh out the game that's already out in alpha before working on another, much grander game? Talk of pricing and monetization plans and opinions for the upcoming MMO already has me worried about LiF: YO's future. I understand, you devs need to eat, sleep, and pay rent, but it's like...writing the sequel of a novel before the first chapter of the first book is even finished.

Please don't take this as an insult. I am merely voicing my concerns, again, I think you devs have made a spectacular game already in LiF:YO alpha, but I am worried about the future of this game...I beg you to please prove me wrong.

Return to Feedback Section