UI Improvements

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Skootah

UI Improvements

Post by Skootah » 22 Mar 2015, 15:35

Hello devs,

I was wondering if there has been any thought toward further improvements on the UI. My main thoughts are as follows:

-Ability to force stack items of different qualities (toggle on/off). Sometimes you don't care about quality and it would simplify the resource collection process.

-Ability to shift+click items to move them from container to backpack. Again, very tedious to move a large amount of small items one by one into a container.

-Making it such that tabbing out of a screen closes the current open container. Currently the container stays open and leads to buggy behavior when opening multiple containers (especially things like furnaces, kilns, etc).

-Ability to bind certain actions to the hot bar. For example, raise/lower/flatten terrain. Very annoying to constantly navigate context menus or frequently change the default action.

-Ability to resize the display of the container windows. Inventory window is enormous and let's be honest, you can't really carry that much anyway. I like to have my inventory window open at all times but it seriously reduces my visibility.

-Allow terraforming actions from the observe view. FFS, this is so damn annoying. lol. :D At the very least, allow us to display height values while in normal view (toggle on/off).

I apologize if any of this has been posted or mentioned before. I am new to the forums. I love the systems of this game but the various tedious repetitive actions are a major turn off to some of my friends. I have been hosting a private server for those of them who are interested enough to tolerate it, but many will not play simply because of the annoyance of the UI.

Great work so far, love this game. Like old school UO only better!

Bumber

Re: UI Improvements

Post by Bumber » 05 Apr 2015, 04:25

I agree, although shift+click is already used for splitting stacks so maybe ctrl+click. I also have some thoughts of my own:
It would be great if all menus/panes remembered their locations and open status across log-ins. I have to open and relocate my inventory each time I join. The map only needs to be reopened, so it works for some of them already. I'd also like my carrying capacity to still be shown when I switch out of cursor mode.

It would be very handy if you could open the fuel-requiring menus just to check available recipes without actually wasting fuel. Clicking the Melt button, etc. shouldn't close the furnace screen. (It doesn't when using the interaction menu instead, but it's cumbersome to switch the default action each time.) The resulting menu (lumps/bars/ingots) should stay open and give required material counts (as well as not wasting 19 iron ore to fail to make an ingot.) To this end, it should check the required materials before crafting starts.

Edit: Also, improve item selection. Nails are a pain to select without accidentally dragging around the inventory instead. Maybe the lock button should also lock panes in place (in addition to showing them in non-cursor mode.)
"Red's a Pokémon Champion, but can he tell us why Youngsters like shorts?"
Red: …
"Get a clue, Pikachu! It's because they're comfy and easy to wear!"

MickeySmith

Re: UI Improvements

Post by MickeySmith » 09 Apr 2015, 00:07

I totally agree on the popups remembering where you put them. I'm so tired of opening my pack only to have to move it to the place I want it every time I open it lol.

Return to Feedback Section