About the servers

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

He-man
Alpha Tester

About the servers

Post by He-man » 12 Jan 2014, 22:53

I had read a lot about the european and north american servers, and its quite insulting that you dont even mention the rest of America players... Its obvious that a future server has to be placed in North America for the american players. But when you speak in your videos or post some official message dont say "for the north america players" or stuff like that, because ALL the american gamers will play this game if they like it ¬,¬

I know that it may be kinda stupid, but then why the need to ignore the existence of a big part of gamers in the rest of America. :angel:

Bobik
Project Leader

Re: About the servers

Post by Bobik » 13 Jan 2014, 08:11

Neither I ignore an necessity to establish Russian\CIS servers and Asian servers. Why only South America? :) Right now it is too early to talk about that. We should have at least European server to start talking something about other servers.

He-man
Alpha Tester

Post by He-man » 13 Jan 2014, 12:52

That isnt what I mean xD I saw one of your videos where you instead of speaking about the "american gamers" you speak about "north american gamers". And already saw in some guild requeriments that you need to be from North America or Europe to be able to join.

Dont you think its a little ethnocentrism? One thing is America as a whole, and another one is North America. I suppose that that if the future server is located in North America a gamer from Argentina (like me xD) is going to play there xd

Only north american will be able to play? Im from argentina for example. Are you going to block the ip for some countries?

PD:Again sorry for my bad english, I learned by myself to speak this lenguage xd
Last edited by He-man on 13 Jan 2014, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

He-man
Alpha Tester

Post by He-man » 13 Jan 2014, 12:57

PD2: Thanks for reading and giving me a reply, im flattered :oops:

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 13 Jan 2014, 13:11

Lets say, if we have 1 player on Greenland and 100 players in Canada, it is qute logical to set game server in Canada, rather then in Greenland =) No offence. I hope very much that we will see more folks from your neighbourhood.
There is planned to be a single server right now. And if there will be great troubles with ping for the America, and there will be sufficient resources, developers may establish another server across the ocean, that is what they have said.
It is hard to measure real ping, but trans-atlantic optical line has about 50-70 ms. delay that means that everything above is the local providers' fault. And it means that no matter where you live, the greatest signal delay will be caused by local cable networks. =(

Ideal server will be located on a satellite =)
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

He-man
Alpha Tester

Post by He-man » 13 Jan 2014, 13:27

Read my second comment xDD that wasnt the issue xDD

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 14 Jan 2014, 13:02

Well if WE going to host these servers, then we will not be blocking any IPs for sure. Thing is, that we might be approached by some company that might be interested to buy out rights on our game for a certain continent or country.
In that case - it is going to be their decision who are going to be allowed on these servers and who are not.

P.S. And when I was speaking in my twitch stream I was merely answering questions that I was asked. And these questions where exactly about NA servers, not just Americas servers in general.
Anyway, do not feel yourself offended in any way - it was not in my intentions.

He-man
Alpha Tester

Post by He-man » 14 Jan 2014, 13:57

thanks for the reply, again :good: xDD then i will be waiting to play that game that looks great xD

Im really waiting for your game, it have been a long time since I found myself with a game that is so appealing to my interest xD

Without a doubt im a new member of this community xD

Return to Feedback Section