I can not exit or quit the game.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Moschops
Zealous Believer

I can not exit or quit the game.

Post by Moschops » 24 Sep 2014, 08:02

Every time I try to exit or quit, I hit escape and choose exit, and then nothing happens. There is a message in the System box that reads, "Are you sure you want to exit?", but I can't seem to find a way to confirm the exit. Is there a command I have to enter?

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I did a search and didn't seem to see the same problem anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Re: I can not exit or quit the game.

Post by Alfie » 24 Sep 2014, 08:39

When I hit ESC and then click exit a confirmation dialogue box appears asking if I want to quit or not.

I'm guessing from what you're saying you're not getting the above?

EDIT: I just noticed after doing the above (taking screenshot with ALT + print screen), the dialogue was closed and now when I hit ESC it doesn't come up.

Though it doesn't matter too much seeing as you can't disconnect, only exit. Seems this is a bug.
Last edited by Alfie on 24 Sep 2014, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Anquer Quare
www.Anquer-Quare.com | www.AQServers.com

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Moschops
Zealous Believer

Post by Moschops » 24 Sep 2014, 08:45

Alfie wrote:When I hit ESC and then click exit a confirmation dialogue box appears asking if I want to quit or not.

Correct...I am not getting that dialog window

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 24 Sep 2014, 08:47

Moschops wrote:
Alfie wrote:When I hit ESC and then click exit a confirmation dialogue box appears asking if I want to quit or not.

Correct...I am not getting that dialog window

I edited my original post. I don't know if when I restart the game now if that dialog will now work for me or not (I'll find out soon as I've got the same thing as you now), but it appears to be a bug.
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Moschops
Zealous Believer

Post by Moschops » 24 Sep 2014, 09:25

Alfie wrote:
I edited my original post. I don't know if when I restart the game now if that dialog will now work for me or not (I'll find out soon as I've got the same thing as you now), but it appears to be a bug.

Would you happen to know if there is a console command to exit? I'd think that having to use the task manager to force close the application probably isn't a good thing for the servers.

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 24 Sep 2014, 09:28

Moschops wrote:
Alfie wrote:

Would you happen to know if there is a console command to exit? I'd think that having to use the task manager to force close the application probably isn't a good thing for the servers.

If you type quit in console it causes the game to lock up, so I assume that's probably it. That may be quicker for you as you should then get the whole "not responding, end task" dialogue.
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy

Shen

Post by Shen » 01 Oct 2014, 13:50

I have got the same problem. As a temporary fix I type quit in the system box. Unfortunately the game always crashes after this...but that's also a kind of exit ;)

Geolie

Post by Geolie » 25 Oct 2014, 12:19

I am having this same issue..is there a fix?

Ehloh

Post by Ehloh » 19 Dec 2014, 21:55

I'm having the same issues as well, it was fine for the first day of me buying the game. Now it's like "NO YOU SHALL NOT EXIT". I don't type /quit or anything like that, it just wont show up. like.. Gandolf is totally blocking my way here =.=

Jpathomas

Post by Jpathomas » 19 Dec 2014, 23:39

I'm also having this issue. Just bought the game today on Steam and after playing it for a bit I decided I needed to do some homework (please tell me a tutorial is on your todo list :D ). I'm getting a message in the system window asking if I'm sure I want to quit, but no confirmation box.

Chew_Magna

Post by Chew_Magna » 20 Dec 2014, 20:33

I don't have the issue myself but one of my friends does since the last update. Out of the group of us playing together, he's the only one with the problem.

Chew_Magna

Post by Chew_Magna » 21 Dec 2014, 05:05

Ok now I have it too :cry:

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 23 Dec 2014, 08:01

Enter console mode and type either debug or quit.

Both will submit a report. Nwhich is hopefully sent to the Devs.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Kenrychard

Post by Kenrychard » 26 Dec 2014, 05:56

Same as above posts. Purchased the game on Steam last night and played for a few hours and exited fine. Then logged in today to my created game and after several hours noticed my crops weren't growing even after 14 hrs in game so tried to exit and couldn't. Forced game to shut down with task manager and THAT failed as well, so shut down computer from task manager (WIN 8.1)

NOW, can't load my own game at all, freezes and times out trying to connect to server. So played on someone else's server for a short time and game froze. Now I can't join another server. I get past the" connecting to server " dialog and into "loading world" and nothing happens and game crashes.

Too bad, I was having a great time spending hours just filling in a ditch to up my skills while waiting for my meagre crops to grow LOL

Ziong18

Post by Ziong18 » 26 Dec 2014, 07:08

What if the devs allowed this bug on purpose because they want us to play non-stop and forever.... :shock:

HappyFanatic

Post by HappyFanatic » 26 Dec 2014, 16:38

I get this too. I think the reason is because I checked the box do not show the dialog boxes again (will still show in system screen).

I can't find a options tab to reset system options. Once you close the ability to see help screens or dialog boxes you can't seem to undo.

Astiel

Post by Astiel » 27 Dec 2014, 19:23

I get the same thing. No dialog. Is there a fix for this yet? or even a work around?

Here's to hoping!

Daniel_Fate

Pretty sure I know why.

Post by Daniel_Fate » 28 Dec 2014, 00:10

I have this same issue. I am reasonably sure that it is connected to the other contextual windows that pop up that give you the option to no longer receive pop-ups, but instead receive message in the chat box. There is quite possibly an oversight because I know different boxes require different confirmations on never showing up again.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 28 Dec 2014, 10:09

I think I might know what caused it. I hit exit the other day on accident. At the confirmation window I hit either esc or tab to try to get rid of it. This might cause it, but who knows.

Kenrychard wrote:Same as above posts. Purchased the game on Steam last night and played for a few hours and exited fine. Then logged in today to my created game and after several hours noticed my crops weren't growing even after 14 hrs in game so tried to exit and couldn't. Forced game to shut down with task manager and THAT failed as well, so shut down computer from task manager (WIN 8.1)

NOW, can't load my own game at all, freezes and times out trying to connect to server. So played on someone else's server for a short time and game froze. Now I can't join another server. I get past the" connecting to server " dialog and into "loading world" and nothing happens and game crashes.

Too bad, I was having a great time spending hours just filling in a ditch to up my skills while waiting for my meagre crops to grow LOL

Have steam verify the game files. Might click on the game and under properties have it verify local files. That clears up a lot of problems
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Shortypants1976

Post by Shortypants1976 » 07 Jun 2015, 04:58

:Yahoo!: Buy a logitec gaming controller and then set it up and it will auto exit everytime. :Yahoo!:

I use the logitec to play my games never had issues with it but if you want to exit on the quick use the selection/back button on the controller and you auto exit.

My bf tested with his controller which is exact same and Bam he exited just the same way. :D

Return to Newcomer Section