Armor and Weapons

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Grimmyr13

Armor and Weapons

Post by Grimmyr13 » 26 Nov 2014, 21:32

Before you "Tweaked a lot of weapons parameters. Weapons have become more lethal now". Weapons were for the most part right on the damage they dealt(not talking about bows).

But now 100Q Heavy/Royal Plate you'll do ~19 damage to them when using a slashing weapon. This is horse shit, they should be now and forever immune to slashing. That's the whole point behind full plate armor. The enemy has to knock you out/knock you down and then finish you off(they had a special dagger just for it, open the visor and puncture their throat) or PIERCE through their armor. Although piercing wasn't a viable option because the techniques they employed in making the steel made it almost impenetrable(why slashing is useless). You would have to aim for the joints in the armor, get your weapons in there and hope to pierce their layer of chainmail and padded armor.

But with your "weapon tweaks", some how a blade is slashing through metal(~19dmg using a 100Q sword) that it would be impossible to even scrape metal off in real life. They invented the falchion to combine the slashing of a sword with the hacking of a axe to fight against chainmail not full plate.

If you are going to keep these changing:

1. Please remove "Realism" from your banner/logo. This game did follow that mostly. But now it's off tracks and going into fantasy.

2. To fix the whole slashing on full plate. Make steel actually useful. IF your using Steel full heavy plate(doesn't exist in-game) then they most certainly can't slash and hurt you through your armor. But using iron they can.

3. Plate is now useless to make/wear as arrows and weapons (slashing kind) can now hurt the wearer(slashing is also the easiest weapon type to use). Just were the heavy scale now. It weighs less, has slightly less slashing protection, but has better piercing protection.

4. Fix your damn shields. If I block the attack with my shield it should stop the blade. But it passes through the shield(hits it and does damage the shield sometimes to user) and then continues on and hits the shield holder. Essentially it just adds more damage to the shield wielder half the time.

5. Fix the damn weapon hitbox/detection. Trying to hit someone with an axe/arrow/maul is almost impossible. Especially if their running around just evading you.

Tapyc

Re: Armor and Weapons

Post by Tapyc » 27 Nov 2014, 07:46

Grimmyr13 wrote:1. Please remove "Realism" from your banner/logo. This game did follow that mostly. But now it's off tracks and going into fantasy.

2. To fix the whole slashing on full plate. Make steel actually useful. IF your using Steel full heavy plate(doesn't exist in-game) then they most certainly can't slash and hurt you through your armor. But using iron they can.

3. Plate is now useless to make/wear as arrows and weapons (slashing kind) can now hurt the wearer(slashing is also the easiest weapon type to use). Just were the heavy scale now. It weighs less, has slightly less slashing protection, but has better piercing protection.

4. Fix your damn shields. If I block the attack with my shield it should stop the blade. But it passes through the shield(hits it and does damage the shield sometimes to user) and then continues on and hits the shield holder. Essentially it just adds more damage to the shield wielder half the time.

5. Fix the damn weapon hitbox/detection. Trying to hit someone with an axe/arrow/maul is almost impossible. Especially if their running around just evading you.

1) it's alfa version. Calm down and wait.
2) nobody make steel fullplate armor now, even if it will be implemented. it's too expensive.
3) now plate armor is cheaper, then scale, so let's choose.
4) to protect against enemy hit you should direct your shield exactly against the direction of the enemy hit. it already working now. but it realy hard to fully resist damage. I could only do it against thr attacks.
5) you can ask him/her to stand still while you aiming. for alpha there is very good hitbox system. but when we fight 10x10 a server start lagging.

W015

Post by W015 » 28 Nov 2014, 22:04

Just today two guys were running around naked with steel war scythes. They did 145 damage to us both, one of us with farmers clothes and one with lvl 90 plate mail. Repeatedly insta-gibbed by those. In other words, armors are at the moment useless. If you use the war scythe you can run up to anyone busy doing something and murder them in 1 hit, or if it takes two then they will be standing still after the first hit for a bit anyway. Not really PVP at the moment with this system. More like insta-gank. Hope it will be fixed soon so armors work and insta-kills do not happen.

Nibbles

SheilaYates

Post by SheilaYates » 25 Mar 2015, 07:48

Does it mean that steel war scythes are effective in this kind of game? What about the other weapon that we normally used?
I wore no sword, but I carried a revolver, pocket knives, and bulls's-eye lantern.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 25 Mar 2015, 10:20

I usualy roll heavy chainmail and a broad axe :D

Stianos

Post by Stianos » 29 Mar 2015, 23:46

I agree for the most part. I think it is important that players who have spent a lot of money or time getting better weapons and armor should normally win against a player who has spent less time. Obviously, a player that is very skilled should still have a chance to beat someone who has just invested a lot of time, but at the moment combat is totally pointless and broken.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 02 Apr 2015, 15:52

About taking damage, I agree with the armor point. Plate armors beyond the novice one should cost a LOT more, or take a lot more time to make, and should be virtually invulnerable against slashing. Also, weapons deal the good amount of damage, but it's the good amount only against naked people. Yes, it makes sense that you should one shot a naked dude with almost anything if you hit him very hard in the neck / torso / back. But what is horrible right now in combat is blocking and parrying.. parrying is useless, so fights without shields are just dumb damage trade, and with the ridiculously OP weapons, it becomes a "who hits first wins" type of combat, while it is not at all skill based now. They should make it like M&B in term of blocking with a shield or parrying with a wep, it's the most enjoyable, the most skill-based, and the most versatile.

Scotchawe

Post by Scotchawe » 13 Jul 2015, 11:12

:Bravo: :good: :evil: yes... so true.. ! scott (http://bestmachete.net)

Return to Feedback Section