Do you think playerbase will return after MMO is released?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

DoomBringer

Do you think playerbase will return after MMO is released?

Post by DoomBringer » 21 Jul 2015, 10:57

I really enjoy the game but YO mechanics just isn't my thing. I want full scale MMO that was promised in the beginning and that's why I backed the game in the first place. Now I read the interview and apparently the MMO will launch in March 2016 which is great but I'm worried because so few people play the game right now even though game sold like 100k copies during first month. Do you think MMO will get people back or it's going to stay a niche game?

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Re: Do you think playerbase will return after MMO is release

Post by Stormsblade » 21 Jul 2015, 11:04

Yes.

Very much yes.

Virtually everyone I know from LiF us eagerly awaiting the MMO.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 21 Jul 2015, 11:55

Yes, I do know some people that should return when the MMO comes out. Also, hopefully, we will get a new influx of new players, should the devs advertise the MMO version not too long before or too close to its release, to build hype. Game will also have to hold on to its promises, and allow people to take part into huge battles or build huge things. Feature may be important, technology and optimization server wise, and client wise, are a LOT more important.

Thefakemccoy

Post by Thefakemccoy » 21 Jul 2015, 15:33

I think some will return with the next big patch DX11 and females.

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 21 Jul 2015, 18:31

Yea some people return when the new patch hits but not for long assuming the majority is here for the MMO version. I'm just worried when the MMO hits everyone will forget about the game and only like 200 hundred players tops play the game. I hope I'm wrong though and the game will prosper

Dalin
Beta Tester

Post by Dalin » 21 Jul 2015, 20:38

yeah, i think too.

But an another part of the "playerbase" wait for the economic system. :D
Traducteur FR - Gestionnaire du Wiki FR - Bijoutier des TdM

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 22 Jul 2015, 04:20

I must admit I'm worried about the economic system. Hopefully steel and especially vostaskus weapons and armor will help with the lategame economy because right now it's pretty easy to stay well equipped.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 22 Jul 2015, 06:35

Remains to be seen. By far the majority of people I know that want to play this game are interested for the pvp aspect. People that played Ultima Online, Darkfall, Mortal Online etc.

The problem is that this game, more than any other game I can think of, punishes pvp. If you've ever played on a 1.0 skill gain server you will see it takes a WHILE to get skill. Imagine losing 2 weeks or more worth of work from a SINGLE death.

Simply put, people are not going to put up with that. You can have all the hopes and dreams you want, but the reality is that people don't want to work for 2 weeks to lose all the skill they gained by a single death.

Your obvious solution is to "Not kill random people"... you're right... and that solution is why nobody plays. Good job there with that thinking.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Sequester

Post by Sequester » 22 Jul 2015, 08:04

Let's not derail this thread as there are plenty to choose from, if you wish to discuss PvP. For example this one here: what-s-the-deal-with-pvp-right-now-t12774/page50/
It's abundant with so called elite Pvpers who claim that they will run around killing "idiots" and carebears all day. Obviously they did not comprehend the alignment system. I think we will have to wait and see how the whole thing works out. For example it depends on the cost of war declarations etc. maybe it's possible to declare war on every guild on the server. Maybe declaring and upkeeping war does cost money like in Eve etc.

I believe that the YO servers tend to die because the admins in YO set the multiplier and skillcap too high. The people race to the top of all professions in a few days, build a castle and leave bored. This won't happen on the MMO.

Return to General Discussion