Procedural terrain

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Weirdg
Zealous Believer

Procedural terrain

Post by Weirdg » 05 Sep 2015, 12:28

This has probably already come up, but I felt I'll throw the ball in again.

If ever a game would benefit from procedurally generated terrain and landscape it's this game. Don't get me wrong I love a good map too. It would be so much more fun to explore if the map was random. All resources should be scattered on different locations, animals roaming, hunting and so on. Trees, plants etc generated. Of course I know the MMO version of this will have a much larger map, I'm still hoping for procedural maps, perhaps rendered as islands that you can travel between. Islands that can be added (or deleted) as the need arises. However for the in-game economy to work resources need to be limited, and so does the size of the map. I e Gold will only be worth something if the supply is limited and mining it has risk, just like the real world.

yours
Gunnarsson
Knights of Flux
<EU> Fluxville <Vanilla, Dedicated, 900 skill>

Custodian
Mod Developer

Re: Procedural terrain

Post by Custodian » 05 Sep 2015, 12:48

Weirdg wrote:It would be so much more fun to explore if the map was random. All resources should be scattered on different locations, animals roaming, hunting and so on. Trees, plants etc generated.
islands that you can travel between. Islands that can be added (or deleted) as the need arises. However for the in-game economy to work resources need to be limited, and so does the size of the map.

Traveling to new locations, exploration mode of unknown locations will be possible with BasilMod::Cartographer mod.

Freshmango55
Beta Tester

Re: Procedural terrain

Post by Freshmango55 » 05 Sep 2015, 21:03

While I agree this may be a good feature for YO, I think they are more concerned with the MMOs development after Your Owns release, and the MMO will be a very large static map.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1aISBhwYRZiI6PfACZRRPRSr31Gk-VTDnBt2g79tYozA/edit

Return to General Discussion