9/9 patch Random events functionality,STOP IT, STOP IT NOW

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Roast

9/9 patch Random events functionality,STOP IT, STOP IT NOW

Post by Roast » 09 Sep 2015, 11:55

every few seconds, over and over and over, why?

at least give us a way to disable this useless feature. i mean seriously. :x

Look at the times and the interval...

Last edited by Roast on 10 Sep 2015, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

Roast

Re: 9/9 patch Random events functionality...STOP IT, STOP IT

Post by Roast » 09 Sep 2015, 12:16

the 9 minute breather you see between 04:48:50 and 04:57:32 is when i was tabbed out and not in game ...

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 09 Sep 2015, 15:03

I haven't tried the latest patch myself yet, but even aside of the time intervals, all I can say is "woah!" Woah.. THAT is what the devs spend their time with, from the money we paid them for the game? That is what they produce with my money? lol. No offense, just.. that is nowhere immersive, it is just simply plain annoying and useless. I am very disappointed to see that so short before "release" THIS is what they spend time on. :shock:

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 09 Sep 2015, 15:18

I had one about the gods... while opening a door fence : /

and it popup... it should only in chat window, it will be very very very boring if always a popup, even if it's 0.001% ...
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Roast

Post by Roast » 09 Sep 2015, 15:31

and it's gotten worse, they're popping off constantly and no option to just have them in the systems chat window. it keeps popping up and releasing the mouse.

Immersive .... lol yeah ok, bunch of canned messages that rotate over and over and over every few seconds pissing people off.

Rjmspoel
True Believer

Post by Rjmspoel » 09 Sep 2015, 21:52

You do not need to enable it at all on your server, however, I have it on my server enabled and you do NOT see these messages every 9 minutes. In fact I am playing now for a couple hours allready and seen only one of them.

I do have to say though that besides a MOTD and the uproot of 5 seconds nothing else is changed to the settings and no other MODS are running.

Roast

Post by Roast » 09 Sep 2015, 22:38

Rjmspoel wrote:You do not need to enable it at all on your server, however, I have it on my server enabled and you do NOT see these messages every 9 minutes. In fact I am playing now for a couple hours allready and seen only one of them.

I do have to say though that besides a MOTD and the uproot of 5 seconds nothing else is changed to the settings and no other MODS are running.

where's the option to disable it on my server?

SnorriSturmhorst

Post by SnorriSturmhorst » 09 Sep 2015, 22:39

This feature is not only annoying, it's dangerous.

I was attacked by a wolf, when I received the "air in the stomach" message.

I humbly suggest to remove this messages from the game until they have some real effects.

Sebas555

Re: 9/9 patch Random events functionality,STOP IT, STOP IT N

Post by Sebas555 » 10 Sep 2015, 13:56

They added that to accentuate the immersion... it actually does the opposite... another half-assed feature implemented... :fool:

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Sep 2015, 15:53

it can be cool, but very very very very rare way... not every second xD and in translation lines, some of them seems to give rare things, loot etc...

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 10 Sep 2015, 18:14

Well if it starts to give me some stuff or do me harm along with the messages, then I'll revise my above post about it being useless and a shame to waste the time with. So long however, I will stick with my opinion.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Sep 2015, 18:47

there are too much strings, I won't search them... but, for example, I saw strings like "you are skinning this beast, and you find a silver jewel sticked in its hairs" "you cut down the tree and find a very rare insect" "after digging this hard rock, you find a very rare gem" etc...
let's see if if real or juste for fun... because, telling me a story about the gods when I open a door... :ROFL:

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 11 Sep 2015, 11:03

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:there are too much strings, I won't search them... but, for example, I saw strings like "you are skinning this beast, and you find a silver jewel sticked in its hairs" "you cut down the tree and find a very rare insect" "after digging this hard rock, you find a very rare gem" etc...
let's see if if real or juste for fun... because, telling me a story about the gods when I open a door... :ROFL:

What you mentioned are the strings for the existing situations when you find something (see skill tree descriptions ingame) by mining or skinning an animal or chopping a tree. That is a skillbased situation and was ingame alreay, they just added the text strings for it now.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 11 Sep 2015, 11:34

I know but if it works for good things, it works for bad things... but it has to be rarer, here, I think they made a mistake... then everybody cry about it, if it worked fine, with ONE message per day or per week, and everybody would be like "oooh wow that's so cool ! I found a bug shit that cost 3 gold ingots !" , or "daaaarn I cut my finger.... I think I'll be safer at home rather than outside in this feudal world full of harseholes" :D

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 11 Sep 2015, 11:49

Please, ask your server administrators to edit configuration for these random events and lower the chances or disable them completely:

<randomEventChanceWalk>0.00001</randomEventChanceWalk>
<randomEventChanceAbility>0.001</randomEventChanceAbility>

0 means, that those events will never happen.

DraigBlackWolf

Post by DraigBlackWolf » 13 Sep 2015, 03:46

Arrakis09 wrote:Please, ask your server administrators to edit configuration for these random events and lower the chances or disable them completely:

<randomEventChanceWalk>0.00001</randomEventChanceWalk>
<randomEventChanceAbility>0.001</randomEventChanceAbility>

0 means, that those events will never happen.

I keep loading that into my config via Blackbox and it just disappears after a time.

I have one guy who seems to be a target for snakes and he dies each time. I would not mind the popups but needs a disable button so it does not randomly popup whilst being attacked by animals.

TheZar

Post by TheZar » 13 Sep 2015, 04:56

Roast wrote:
Rjmspoel wrote:You do not need to enable it at all on your server, however, I have it on my server enabled and you do NOT see these messages every 9 minutes. In fact I am playing now for a couple hours allready and seen only one of them.

where's the option to disable it on my server?

<randomEventChanceWalk>0.00001</randomEventChanceWalk> <randomEventChanceAbility>0.001</randomEventChanceAbility>

edit to 0

like do people even read the patch notes?

Return to Feedback Section