Have a few questions

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Jseymour84

Have a few questions

Post by Jseymour84 » 22 Oct 2015, 17:50

Hello everyone!

I'm a current Wurm Online player (might soon be ex-player there) and am trying to convince some of my coworkers to play, but they are very turned off by the graphics. So I went on a search for a similar game and found this game. I have a few questions though:

1) I assume that there are no central, official servers yet - that will come in LiF: MMO, correct?

2) Is the crafting system as deep as Wurm Online - ie, lots of tools, buildings, and vehicles to make and use?

3) Can I get exclusive use of a territory?

4) I read it's a grid based system, so I am assuming a Wurm Online type terraforming system where you can raise and lower the terrain at the grid intersections, is that correct?

5) Are there any good PvP servers that are newbie friendly? My guys like to PvP, but there are only three of us and I was hoping to be able to strike out on our own right off the bat and build our own area.

6) Should I consider starting up my own server? I had planned to do this with Wurm Unlimited, but of the 1,000 players that play Wurm Online I couldn't find enough interest. Is recruiting players for this game difficult to do?

Thanks guys!

Jesse

Darius
Beta Tester

Re: Have a few questions

Post by Darius » 23 Oct 2015, 05:17

1) I assume that there are no central, official servers yet - that will come in LiF: MMO, correct?
The MMO will have one massive central server.
On the current YO, there are so called 'official' servers. But for the most part they are just empty non-administrated servers.

2) Is the crafting system as deep as Wurm Online - ie, lots of tools, buildings, and vehicles to make and use?
I have not played Wurm myself, but as far as I know Wurm is a bit more extensive in crafting. LiF still has a great crafting system. Craftable tools, weapons, armor, clothing, food, buildings, etc. spread out over 5 major skill lines and several minor skills.

The difference with LiF is, that there is a clear limit to how much skillpoints you can learn, meaning you can only invest in certain skills, so you will always need other players to help out. (or multiple characters and a lot of time). Many current YO severs have increased their skillcap, so that you can learn more skills.

3) Can I get exclusive use of a territory?
Yes, you can build a monument that will protect your own area. The bigger the monument the bigger the area that you will claim. You and your guildmates are the only people who can use this area.

However on the MMO an hostile guild could declare war on you, if they win the battles and sieges, in time they could destroy your monument and thus 'claim' your city. So you're never a 100% safe.

4) I read it's a grid based system, so I am assuming a Wurm Online type terraforming system where you can raise and lower the terrain at the grid intersections, is that correct?
Yes, grid based terraforming. Raising, lowering, flattening, sloping tile by tile.

5) Are there any good PvP servers that are newbie friendly? My guys like to PvP, but there are only three of us and I was hoping to be able to strike out on our own right off the bat and build our own area.
Yes there are many servers that promote PvP and are newbie friendly at the same time. I'm not here to promote my own server, but as an example we like PvP, but we help small/new groups to get started. In the beginning we would help them get started, but once they're set up and able to protect themselves they should be prepared for future attacks ;)

6) Should I consider starting up my own server? I had planned to do this with Wurm Unlimited, but of the 1,000 players that play Wurm Online I couldn't find enough interest. Is recruiting players for this game difficult to do?
LiF has hundreds of empty servers and only a handful of really active servers. Many players are waiting for the MMO to play again. I would advise joining an existing server, instead of starting up your own. There are so many servers out there, that there's bound to be one that fits your preferences.

Return to Newcomer Section