Two Bugs

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Battleunit

Two Bugs

Post by Battleunit » 27 Oct 2015, 20:00

There seems to be a bug when running through terrain at too high a speed. One I have replicated and generated an automatic report, one I cannot replicate but have now seen twice.

Two fighters are fighting, and one retreats. The retreating person gets a short distance away and then crashes. When it happened to me the entire server started to stutter and freeze up, and then I started to rubber band and was gone. Somehow when you run in combat the amount of data having to be processed is overrunning what the system can do. It does not seem simply running should dump you, but I was able to get it to happen a couple of time.

Second. I was watching a group battle in front of a castle. The defenders started to loose so they retreated inside of the gates and started to log off their wounded characters who were melee fighters and log on their missile fighter who were unwounded. As people were logging on and off, the server slowed and finally I got dumped, but it did not generate a error message, it just quit me to desktop. I could not log on to the server for a day. That could be a feature instead of the bug to keep people from mass logons and offs, but there may be a better way to implement it so the server tells you why you were dumped and why you cannot log back. As it was I just logged onto another server and played on after reopening the client, but on busy nights with a city spawn point it could cause problems as players run alts and trade gear, which could act like a battle where everyone is rushing to combat as an uninjured alt.

A final issue that is not a bug. I monitored a couple of interesting conversations where a guild mentioned using alts to grief noobs and opposing guilds. Their main characters maintained pristine piety and stayed on the right side to avoid attacks, but they crafted and helped train up their alts who could get gear and skills from the clan but not join it, and allowed them to grief without suffering any guild losses. Not sure if this is fixable (or even work, no way to prove it is happening), but it is not a bug, just an exploit of having multiple alts.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Re: Two Bugs

Post by HolyCrusader » 28 Oct 2015, 21:09

As people were logging on and off, the server slowed and finally I got dumped, but it did not generate a error message, it just quit me to desktop. I could not log on to the server for a day. That could be a feature instead of the bug to keep people from mass logons and offs, but there may be a better way to implement it so the server tells you why you were dumped and why you cannot log back

Probably coincidence. There is no such feature.

A final issue that is not a bug. I monitored a couple of interesting conversations where a guild mentioned using alts to grief noobs and opposing guilds. Their main characters maintained pristine piety and stayed on the right side to avoid attacks, but they crafted and helped train up their alts who could get gear and skills from the clan but not join it, and allowed them to grief without suffering any guild losses. Not sure if this is fixable (or even work, no way to prove it is happening), but it is not a bug, just an exploit of having multiple alts

There are ways to restrict everyone to just 1 character

I read your college course post - found it quite interesting. Who is operating your server that you guys are playing on?

Return to Feedback Section