How beehives work?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Ponge
True Believer

How beehives work?

Post by Ponge » 27 Oct 2015, 20:39

Greetings.

I visited the beehive page in the Wiki (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Beehive(new)), and following it, I placed a beehive into the middle of an 5x5 green fertile soil patch. However, several ingame days passed, and there was no honey in the beehive.

What I am doing wrong?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: How beehives work?

Post by Khan- » 27 Oct 2015, 22:54

honey is very very slow to harvest... and seems totally random too...

the wiki page said you to do something else than you did :p

maybe beehives need a fix..
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 28 Oct 2015, 14:52

Did you try that ?

From the wiki : "All you have to do is make a 5x5 square, plant a farm crop on it, then harvest the crop and place a beehive in the middle. The beehive will then continue to produce honey forever. "

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 28 Oct 2015, 15:08

Veda is correct.
Harvest it and leave it like that, never touch the soil again.
Perfect honey production :D

Folk

Post by Folk » 29 Oct 2015, 13:21

You can set a hive anywhere you set up 5*5 zone you can use forest dirt or soil that has come from the a old farm i have used it and it does work.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 29 Oct 2015, 14:34

The harvested farm plot (to make it barren soil, not fertilized) is just to give it a good quality plot to place it on. If you plant a 100q seed on 100q fertile soil, it will still be 100q plain soil when harvested. DO NOT dig it up to check, as that will make what the game considers "loosened soil (infertile)" and will count as nothing. The loosened soil term is used for any soil that was in inventory that was dropped, or plowed.

The 5x5 (24) cells around it then effects both quality and quantity, in a weighted average type deal. If they are all "steppesoil" or in other words grass, you get 12g of honey for that cell for that day at that quality. If plowed grass/dropped fertile soil, 6g at that quality. So on and so forth for each individual square within that square. Unplowed forest gives nothing, and swamp is actually a negative (I guess ants get in the mix or something).

For best quality, I do the 100q fertile soil plowed/dropped as that still gives 6g per square per day at 100q. You need 300g to harvest, and it does not seem to count the square the hive is placed on (CORRECTION, it does count that square). So 24 cells making 6g per day is 144g of honey, so two days 288. So it'll be day 3 (in the morning) in which you could harvest it at all.

Vice versa, pure grassed soil, 12g per day over 24 cells is 288g, so every other day you can harvest.

For "best" results I normally make a hive farm, in which I spread 100q loose fertile soil in a 10x10 square, have planted and harvested a 100q seed in the "4 centers". This way I can place 4 hives I can harvest every third morning.

Edited to Add: Correction, after posting this just did a quick test, does count the cell it's on. Therefore, if pure grassland, you could do the 25 cells x 12g per day and get the 300 per day. Also, the beehive cannot be on loose soil to work. It must be placed on soil that has grass or the graphic of a harvested plot. It cannot be "loose" soil that is plowed/dropped.

Folk

Post by Folk » 31 Oct 2015, 09:53

hmm they must have changed it a bit from the last time i did testing

Return to General Discussion