Store items?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Sir_Sulas

Store items?

Post by Sir_Sulas » 18 Oct 2014, 19:09

Hello,

i just learned, that i can't use the furncae without the smelting skill, but I'm far away from that (just started mining), so i need to mine lots of ore to get there, but where do i store the ore, if the only thing i can craft the furnace is and a campfire? It'd be a waste to thow it all down the mountain.
Anyone has an idea?

Thx, Maldweister

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Re: Store items?

Post by Deantwo » 18 Oct 2014, 22:40

What people normally do is find somewhere nice and pour it onto the ground in a neat pile.
Then once you need it you just grab a shovel and dig it up again.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Quazimofo

Post by Quazimofo » 19 Oct 2014, 02:07

Or you can use a dead moose to store rock and ore :P

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 19 Oct 2014, 20:33

Quazimofo wrote:Or you can use a dead moose to store rock and ore :P

Grave stone and loot bag work too.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Rognok

Post by Rognok » 20 Oct 2014, 13:32

Currently, ores, rocks, and some other hefty objects are not capable of being stored in normal sacks or containers.

To swerve around this detour, the best way to do it is by creating a large pile of, say, Iron Ore near your base and then scooping some up when you need it.

Another method is to slay a friend in a certain spot near the mine so you can store ores in their gravestone. (Don't worry, you can invite them to a unit beforehand so you don't lose allignment :P)

Or finally, you can kill a moose and have thousands of extra storage slots in there.

Hope this helps, and remember... life IS feudal!

Khellus

Post by Khellus » 22 Oct 2014, 01:53

What my group does is set up whattle fences about 3x3 with the unusable blocks placed on the outside of the pit. Then we dump our materials unto each fenced in area. It prevents or from spilling out of the fences and keeps it looking neat and organized for your settlement

Stavious
Alpha Tester

Post by Stavious » 01 Nov 2015, 16:27

The problem here lies is that research into fixture fasteners. And real life has been over looked . in carpentry dowels where used long before metal nails where used for making furniture/doors/ and house frame work. Wood was cut and stacked in piles, ore was always piled in small yard pits, There are a lot of functional life flaws in this game. the skill mechanics, skill caps, does not work that way in the real world, Dont know many blacksmiths that where miners, know a blacksmith that is an accountants,

Return to Newcomer Section