Skills - how long to max them?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Leaf

Skills - how long to max them?

Post by Leaf » 03 Feb 2014, 07:28

I can't play the game, so I can only ask. If I want to max out an advanced skill and say become a master barding crafter, or a master at making buildings, or a master or making light armor - how long would it take me if I played 60ish hours/week? 2 months? 6 months? 2 years?

I know it's hard to give an exact answer but i'm just trying to get a ballpark feel for the crafting endgame and how easy it is to go from brand new player -> renowned crafter of 1 particular item type. Us hard core crafting types like to have name brand notoriety and prefer long times needed to become a master. =)

Demetrius

Re: Skills - how long to max them?

Post by Demetrius » 03 Feb 2014, 09:43

Hi, this is from Key Features:
Minimum grind

Skills are measured from 0 to 100. Reaching skill level 90 will be relatively easy (2-5 days of “powergaming” or few weeks of relaxed evening gaming) and will give access to full powers in a skill, while reaching skill level 100 will take a HUGE amount of effort and will not provide you with any ingame advantage, except title and something you can show off to others to be recognized and worshiped.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Re: Skills - how long to max them?

Post by Dailato » 03 Feb 2014, 10:08

Demetrius wrote:Hi, this is from Key Features:
Minimum grind

Skills are measured from 0 to 100. Reaching skill level 90 will be relatively easy (2-5 days of “powergaming” or few weeks of relaxed evening gaming) and will give access to full powers in a skill, while reaching skill level 100 will take a HUGE amount of effort and will not provide you with any ingame advantage, except title and something you can show off to others to be recognized and worshiped.

Well IIRC that's like, 99% true. There is SOME benefit to getting 100 skill besides the ability to show it off. Just extremely disproportionate to the effort required to get there.

And for crafters, you only need 90 skill to craft the highest level items associated with that skill. So yeah all the main benefits of a skill are reached at 90. But getting to 100 is not pointless.

Just more effort than it'll be worth to most.

Yours truly -The Pope

Return to Newcomer Section