Patch Notes? Pretty plz......

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

EpicBlade

Patch Notes? Pretty plz......

Post by EpicBlade » 20 Nov 2015, 20:03

Ever since the new DX11 upgrade there has been no patch notes. :sorry:
It might be just me, but I would like it to be able to posted like they were before.
Give me some patch notes to read for the love of God! :cry:
That's all, carry on with the good work. :beer:

Deus-X-Incognita

Re: Patch Notes? Pretty plz......

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 21 Nov 2015, 03:41

Seconded
German RP Server

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 21 Nov 2015, 04:36

We had patchnotes for the 2 updates, just not for the official release.

While I myself to would like to have them, I am pretty sure they did that on purpose. It's supposed to be a full game release, when releasing a game you don't supply patch notes. It's up to the players to discover everything within the game.

EpicBlade

Post by EpicBlade » 21 Nov 2015, 06:00

Darius wrote:While I myself to would like to have them, I am pretty sure they did that on purpose. It's supposed to be a full game release,

I wouldn't call this full game release it's just a release out of early access. Pretty much it moved out of alpha and went to beta, that's about it.
Darius wrote:when releasing a game you don't supply patch notes. It's up to the players to discover everything within the game.
Honestly if they wanted all of us to discover everything why would they make a gamepedia for the game with pretty much all the info on it?

Anyhow, it's just nice to see what they have done from early access to now, is all and what ever else they will fix/add/?remove.

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 21 Nov 2015, 07:01

That's why I said 'supposed' That was the intend, clearly this didn't go according to plan.

I assume by 'gamepedia' you mean the LiF wiki? A large portion of the information of the wiki was added by players, not devs. Most of the new stuff isn't on the wiki, so it's up to us to add it in there.

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » 21 Nov 2015, 08:09

I would also like to have patch notes, as I run a sever and people are asking me "is this working yet?" And I have no idea.

I find it odd anyone would consider NOT publishing patch notes to be the normal thing to do. Most of all in this game as most of patches are fixing broken things, things that people may be actively avoiding trying to do, such as digging tunnels until said problem is fixed, without patch notes they would never know this issue was fixed as they are activity NOT doing it until it is fixed.

I also bet their are former players who have put the game aside for a while until a certain issue was fixed or feature was added, these people have no way of "testing" it out short of re downloading the game.

Patch notes are always a good thing, I do not like mystery when it comes to the mechanics of a game.

Redemptor81

Post by Redemptor81 » 21 Nov 2015, 11:16

Patch note is patch note ,

release is release indeed :D :D :D .

Anyway I hope in a quick patch for video drivers and some road texture , just to start -.-° .

Dark roads around are pretty Gothic atm :D :D :D .

Regards :beer:

Return to General Discussion