friends cannot join my server or world

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Engel

friends cannot join my server or world

Post by Engel » 22 Nov 2015, 12:56

Hello there,
I just created a server or world...in the create world option when opening the game. I configured everything and could go in my world perfectly. But now when friends want to come in they first cannot see my server in the list and when i give port and passworld they get that the server is not open..
So bassicily i have 2 questions... why is my server not in the list...and how can friends join my server/world...
(ps i find the name server confusing as befor i had a server i paid for and now this is a free one through the game) I believe its called official or not official? not sure...
Anyway i hope anyone can help me with this.
Many thanks!

Airco

Re: friends cannot join my server or world

Post by Airco » 22 Nov 2015, 13:21

no idea what your main issue is bhut
official server is server from dev nothing more
everything u run your self (hired or not) is not a official server
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 23 Nov 2015, 17:25

Engel wrote:Hello there,
I just created a server or world...in the create world option when opening the game. I configured everything and could go in my world perfectly. But now when friends want to come in they first cannot see my server in the list and when i give port and passworld they get that the server is not open..
So bassicily i have 2 questions... why is my server not in the list...and how can friends join my server/world...
(ps i find the name server confusing as befor i had a server i paid for and now this is a free one through the game) I believe its called official or not official? not sure...
Anyway i hope anyone can help me with this.
Many thanks!

You need to forward ports in your firewall or open them up in Windows Firewall (28000-28002 UDP/TCP in & out)

Engel

Post by Engel » 23 Nov 2015, 18:55

Thnx for the answers,
unfortunately i dont really understand. When i open the game, i got the option to create a world... and so i did.
Do i understand correctly that by opening de ports in windows firewall i have created my own computer as a server?
I just want a world to play in with family...
So if i dont want to make my homecomputer a server rest no other option that to outsource it? through for example blackbox? (i did befor).

Or is it possable that i dont see my world in the list, because i find the option: Private..with red button... saying world will NOT appear in list
or with green button....saying world will NOT appear in list..
I tried both options and both dont work. But i remember from the past it might take some time...so to put it more clear. Do i need to make the button RED or Green... in the option Private.

Well many thanks for the answers so far!
greetings...

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 23 Nov 2015, 19:22

Engel wrote:Thnx for the answers,
unfortunately i dont really understand. When i open the game, i got the option to create a world... and so i did.
Do i understand correctly that by opening de ports in windows firewall i have created my own computer as a server?
I just want a world to play in with family...
So if i dont want to make my homecomputer a server rest no other option that to outsource it? through for example blackbox? (i did befor).

Or is it possable that i dont see my world in the list, because i find the option: Private..with red button... saying world will NOT appear in list
or with green button....saying world will NOT appear in list..
I tried both options and both dont work. But i remember from the past it might take some time...so to put it more clear. Do i need to make the button RED or Green... in the option Private.

Well many thanks for the answers so far!
greetings...

Step 12, except open ports 28000-28002
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =316928535

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/wind ... =windows-7

Engel

Post by Engel » 23 Nov 2015, 20:04

Thanks! this makes it more clear and tomorrow i will try again :Yahoo!:

Return to Newcomer Section