Server timeouts/disconnects

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Arterus

Server timeouts/disconnects

Post by Arterus » 23 Nov 2015, 20:42

Hi everyone,

A few friends and I just started renting a server to play. We are all brand new to the game, and thought that hiring a server from one of the partners would be a good idea.

So we did that, and can't play.

10 minutes at MOST before we get booted from the server, rinse repeat.

We have noticed that the server 'times out' when left for more than a couple of hours, needing to be reset to even work at all.

Then, we play 10 minutes, disconnect.

We are with PingPerfect, and they tell us this is a problem with the game.

Is this true? And if so, how do you put up with 10 minutes play all the time?

Help desperately required,

Thanks in advance.

Art

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Re: Server timeouts/disconnects

Post by Bubba » 23 Nov 2015, 21:35

The server i play on will run for hours without crashing. and i mean several hours.

Still, even several hours is not a long time to call it stable.
My Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon 4.0 GHz
Cooling: CORSAIR H100i Water Cooling
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
MOBO: MSI Z97-Gaming 7
RAM: 24GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz
GPU: 2xGigabyte 1080GTX 8GB
Disk 1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD (system disk)
Disk 2: 2xWD 2TB HDD RAID 0 (data disk)
Screen: 27" Asus Monitor

Arterus

Post by Arterus » 24 Nov 2015, 09:51

Is this really that unusual?

Anyone else have any help? Any suggestions?

We are completely unable to play, is there 'anything' we can do?

HydroxTV
Beta Tester

Post by HydroxTV » 24 Nov 2015, 15:57

Owning a root server Server is running for 4o5 days straight. had a peak of 20people at3 days while that. Not a single crash. ping perfect is lying to you. If the server and the harddisk is configured properly, everything is fine.

They most likely have not set their virtual memory properly. Change the provider or join a server that is stable. If youre searching for a stable server->Steamgroup: HydroxTV

Nialis

Post by Nialis » 26 Nov 2015, 15:13

HydroxTV wrote:Owning a root server Server is running for 4o5 days straight. had a peak of 20people at3 days while that. Not a single crash. ping perfect is lying to you. If the server and the harddisk is configured properly, everything is fine.

They most likely have not set their virtual memory properly. Change the provider or join a server that is stable. If youre searching for a stable server->Steamgroup: HydroxTV

Do tell how you "configure the hard disk" and virtual memory so the server doesn't crash. Keeping in mind this is only a 32 bit game and by default windows allocates plenty of VM for a server that locks up ~3g of ram usage.

Instead of helping you throw out geeksquad generalizations and then plug a different server. Your Kung Fu is weak.

Nialis

Post by Nialis » 26 Nov 2015, 15:17

Arterus wrote:Hi everyone,

A few friends and I just started renting a server to play. We are all brand new to the game, and thought that hiring a server from one of the partners would be a good idea.

So we did that, and can't play.

10 minutes at MOST before we get booted from the server, rinse repeat.

We have noticed that the server 'times out' when left for more than a couple of hours, needing to be reset to even work at all.

Then, we play 10 minutes, disconnect.

We are with PingPerfect, and they tell us this is a problem with the game.

Is this true? And if so, how do you put up with 10 minutes play all the time?

Help desperately required,

Thanks in advance.

Art

What datacenter are your running out of with PP, I know the Texas Datacenter is garbage. We ran a server from there for a while and the lack of stability and constant problems with database corruption bounced us back to ATL and have had no real problems since. Also verify they have enabled the database repair tool for your server, I suggest running it after a shutdown. Also tree scripts will help with a log of lag issues on the server. Our server is rock solid for days at a time now.

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Post by Elusiven » 26 Nov 2015, 16:13

Blue fang , ping perfect.. They all host your servers on virtual machines which greatly reduce performance and they are LYING to you.

If you are looking for a top-performance I would suggest to get a dedicated server.

I'm hosting a 64 player server on a dedicated machine for 27$ and it's more than enough for lif. I'm getting 50-64 players on my server everyday, sometimes it's full for hours and I have no latency or crash issues.

my server's specs:

Dedicated Server
Architecture: 64bit
Bandwidth: 100Mbps
IP: 1
HDD: 2x 1000GB HW RAID 1
RAM: 8GB
CPU: Intel Xeon X3450 quad-core 2.66Ghz + IDRAC

If you want to get your LIF server hosted the right way and for good money, send me a PM and i will get you sorted.
Head Administrator of medievalkingdoms.eu

PVP server with elements of RP with factions, trading and kingdoms system. Join us for great fun:).

Return to General Discussion