Wasting my time

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Blackberrygoo

Wasting my time

Post by Blackberrygoo » 25 Nov 2015, 07:05

Well sadly i really feel like im wasting my time with this games crafting.. Ive been disgustingly dissapointe with this games construction mechanics ever since i first had to deal with it a few days ago, and it still appals me . So not only do we have to unrealistically keep up with our furnaces, FORGES and ANVILS decaying every two real days, we also have to forge specific knives to make unrealistic reapair kits so that we can jerry rig anything back to health without even using the materials it was made with (sure lets just duct tape that furnace it will work!). Nevermind all that mess , now i get to deal with my half constructed anvil and forge (the one i had to make because who the hell would have guessed that things break at 3,000 durability and who the hell would have guessed i have to have some magical repair kit to make obvious repairs) disappearing.

It happened like this : my anvil and forge broke at 3k dura, whatever i guess thats just a bad game mechanic at play (horrible idea, why even have 0 durability if it breaks well above that) so i start to make another today before the patch (which thankfully fixed the paved roads texture issue) and i have all materials in it besides the shaped rock, it takes me about fifteen minutes to collect the rock needed and then its back to camp but surprisingly enough the damn sign marking where the constructed anvil and forge were to be, is gone. So i am frustrated and log off until now, i do the same damn thing and this time im just waiting on the anvil, it was less than five minutes since i had went back to the half constructed anvil and forge and dropped materials in it, i went to the hill and back and IT WAS GONE AGAIN . Seriously? Are we going to have to painstakingly go through all the bugs that the alpha AND beta testers missed? Was there even a beta becauase at this point far too many glitches, bugs and errors have slipped through.

I love the game but its sad to say that ive wasted my time on it today, three hours of meaningless searching just so some glitch can happen twice in a row, and all caused because theres no COMMON SENSE AND REALISTIC way to repair your stuff, you must suffer and make a special knife on the forge before it breaks and then make endless magical repair kits. Terrible game mechanics supporting a terrible bug caused by who knows what. im going to file this on the bug tracker , I think it has to do with other constructed things around it breaking , because right before i went to see that the half constructed forge had disappeared, i realized that my furnace had broken... Horribly botched decay timers messing with unbuilt structures much? or is it that LiF devs should have made official servers the most popular option B/c soemone said it was the server , which I think is BS. Please see this bug and fix it, and if this is your way of saying you dont want us to take long on building forges , i say thats terribly against a free open world game like this, if this is some bad mechanic with decay timers, please, change it.

Willbonney
True Believer

Re: Wasting my time

Post by Willbonney » 25 Nov 2015, 07:31

Max durability of crafting stations, shops, structures, and buildings is 20,000. You attain this by having 100 in the building skill (construction or masonry depending) and using all 100q materials. Then, do the actual building with a mallet (using blacksmith hammer results in a automatic durability and quality loss of like 2.75%). Resulting building will have a max 20k durability. It "breaks" or becomes unusable at 3k because that is 15% of the maximum possible durability of 20,000.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Re: Wasting my time

Post by Laertes » 26 Nov 2015, 17:45

Sounds for me like a Server with a high decay-Setting, and no Monument protecting against.

It´s still a fantastic game, but as a part of that, it´s very complex.
For beginners I alwaysd advise playing together with an more experiencend user. Perhaps for the first 300-400 Hours. :D

Return to Feedback Section