Horses are now UNTAMABLE?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Reaper420a

Horses are now UNTAMABLE?

Post by Reaper420a » 26 Nov 2015, 15:30

Ever since Final Release patch horses are impossible to tame. i have spent over 26 real time hours trying to tame a horse you have to get +/- 15 meters to give a horse apples yet they run when you get +/- 25 meters away. all you can do i chase the horses around at no point do you get th e option to try and tame. i have all required skills to tame horses and am using 98 q apples. is there something i am doing wrong or are horses only available if spawned in?

Willbonney
True Believer

Re: Horses are now UNTAMABLE?

Post by Willbonney » 27 Nov 2015, 09:46

Animal animations no longer bug out and get locked like they once did. So really it's because they fixed some of the AI bugs that is making it harder on folks.

I have tamed horses since the patch. I walk (not run) up to the horse from about 30 cells out. At about 20-25 cells they will often neigh and stomp their feet, basically telling you that they have noticed you. I then wait until the horse "calms down," which seems to be an animation of the horse shaking it's head around and/or grazing. I then continue walking towards it. If at any time the horse raises it's head, I stop. I then do not continue until the horse does a new animation, raising/lowering its head or shaking. If any time I mess up, it neighs and runs off and I have to start all over. But using this method I get within taming range on the first try (as long as terrain is flat and I don't fall into them) about 2 out of 3 times.

Biggest tips: walk, don't run. Don't approach the horse when it's paying attention.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Horses are now UNTAMABLE?

Post by Khan- » 28 Nov 2015, 12:45

like the reality, animals have stamina...

the easiest way to tame ALL animals we can tame, is to run behind them for 10min, their stamina will run out, and then, you can do whatever you want with them, they won't move until their stamina is restored...

you can make them fall in a trench too, it works fine...
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Return to Feedback Section