How to keep dirt from falling

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
YellzBellz

How to keep dirt from falling

Post by YellzBellz » 08 Jun 2015, 05:46

Does anyone have any tricks they would like to share on how to keep dirt from falling down a mountainside when your pouring it on the ground.

I'm trying to level out the outer edges of my house plot, but the dirt keeps sliding all the way down the mountain. I've tried putting up some wattle fences about 3 cells down from the area but that keeps me from dropping dirt on the cell I actually need to level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Proll007

Re: How to keep dirt from falling

Post by Proll007 » 08 Jun 2015, 10:55

Note: Fall off mechanics: For soil/clay/ore/... ---- Looking at a tile, if any of the 8 neighboring tiles becomes more than 2 meters lower than the respective tile, 0.1 meters of substance of that tile will be transferred to the lower tile.

Source: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Terraforming

YellzBellz

Post by YellzBellz » 08 Jun 2015, 12:48

Thanks for the response.

I am aware that dirt falls down the mountain, lol.

The question is, if anyone knows of any tricks to stop it?

In this scenario, the dirt is sliding all the way down to the bottom of the mountain. I have used GM mode and dumped over 10k units of dirt, but it just keeps sliding all the way down.

Thanks for any help!

Quietscribe

Post by Quietscribe » 29 Nov 2015, 18:03

The way to keep the dirt from falling is to not drop it from your bag onto the ground, but to use the 'flatten ground' option. The flatten ground option will level the adjacent tile towards the same height you are currently standing on, and once it is flat, it will defy the laws of physics on its side, thereby stopping the dirt from falling down :)

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 29 Nov 2015, 18:07

Dirt has a max height difference of 2.
If its sliding down just drop clay/snow on it and it will have a max diffenrece of 4/5.

Magnemoe

Post by Magnemoe » 30 Nov 2015, 09:28

Quietscribe wrote:The way to keep the dirt from falling is to not drop it from your bag onto the ground, but to use the 'flatten ground' option. The flatten ground option will level the adjacent tile towards the same height you are currently standing on, and once it is flat, it will defy the laws of physics on its side, thereby stopping the dirt from falling down :)

Well if you just dump stuff on the ground it will float far more downward than if you fill up with it, with rocks you could build an wall.

And thanks for the tips, will use it outside the mine so I get some room to build stuff.

Return to Newcomer Section