Taming animals

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Nymbil

Taming animals

Post by Nymbil » 28 Nov 2015, 22:15

Taming seems to be poorly thought out, unless I am missing something. You can chase a sow for instance, for a mater of a few minutes, or more than 20, before she gets tired. Horses, well the only way we have gotten any is to use 2 people, and kinda trap them along the water so you can actually get close enough to use the tame skill.

There is also the problem that animals suicide in the water. You can chase a sow for 10 minutes, just to have her run into the water and die. I am not sure why they chose to have things die if they get in the water, but it is quite frustrating.

Is taming, bugged, just poorly thought out and something we just have to live with, or are there things I am missing, like tips and tricks that others have discovered?

Skallolf

Re: Taming animals

Post by Skallolf » 28 Nov 2015, 23:02

I think it is simply ridiculous that a wild animal can run straight through objects that are solid for the player (such as a wall, tree, building etc) and for a game that pretends to be realistic, things like this really show the staples that are holding together the broken pieces. Simply put, it is unbelievable that the developers have released this game in this state. LiF has an amazing premise, and the developers have pissed it away by cutting corners and forcing out a broken build. Animal taming is yet another sub system that clearly had no time or effort spent on it and so the developer just jammed in an RNG and then didn't even consider the frustrations that it would bring.

Morer and more I am regretting ever hearing of this game, and even discounted on release it was not worth the money I paid for it. It's a shame, as I was considering setting up a server for friends and family but now when we discuss this game I cannot honestly recommend that they purchase it. It simply isn't worth it whenthe dev's ignore sub systems in favor of cutting corners to push the release.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 29 Nov 2015, 16:11

For horses , you have to wait and observe them until they sit down in some grass , then run up to it and tame .. But yA plenty of systems In this game are corner cuts and hasty put-togethers . I really hope the developers push out quality of life fixes (ones that are bug fixes and mechanic fixers , as we all know some mechanics in this game , taming included , is not very well thought out ).

Quazimofo

Post by Quazimofo » 30 Nov 2015, 10:29

Or you can shoot them with arrows until they become enraged and attack you. This is where you stop shooting them and LET THEM KNOCK YOU OUT. It is blunt damage and will not kill you. Wait until you wake up and the animal will no longer be hostile to you and you are free to tame it.

Its a bit cheap but works every time.

Skallolf

Post by Skallolf » 01 Dec 2015, 15:22

Not trying to be rude here Quasi but having to attack an animal that is supposed to be peaceful in order to tame it seems more like an exploit of a bug than an actual tactic to me. I appreciate that it works and thank you for telling me but honestly it just highlights to me how broken this system is.

Jikdur

Post by Jikdur » 19 Feb 2016, 22:57

yes i agree taming is broken one way they could improve on the peaceful taming is to implement baited areas and hides

Jandvorak

Post by Jandvorak » 20 Feb 2016, 07:15

If LiF aims at sort-of realism in the game than in medieval times you would not find domestic animals (cow, horse, sheep, swine) roaming around country side unattended and you certainly can't win any favors with them (let alone tame them) by chasing them around while trying to feed them apple in full gallop.
Or sneak upon unsuspecting horse and shove an apple down its throat - that would scare bejeezez out of it.
I would like to see travelling NPC selling domestic animals for coins / items.

Return to Newcomer Section