This game is far to carebear focused(Read before dismissing this)

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Bulldawg

This game is far to carebear focused(Read before dismissing this)

Post by Bulldawg » 30 Nov 2015, 15:38

The title of this game makes the game seem more hardcore and brutal which is opposite of what game play is like. The only time PVP really exists currently is during judgement hours which are very few on any server.
Judgement Hour:
I do like that you cant destroy buildings other then in judgement hour that does seem fair BUT not being able to make a ladder to go invade other peoples walls is not DUMB. People just run in there walls... This prevents anyone from the outside getting in which is unrealistic and stupid.

EX im chasing a guy he runs in his walls i cant get in unless its judgement hour....
My proposed fix to this is put it back to the old way where you could build a log latter to get in which would give the defender plenty of time to prepare while still allowing the invasion..

Right now all this system does is protect carebears KILLS PVP and its just a High graphics expanded farmville and if it continues like this you will lose a lot of people and never gain any. PVP is a huge part of games nowadays and people love it look at most MMOs even COD most people play that for the killing of other players

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Re: This game is far to carebear focused(Read before dismissing this)

Post by Bubba » 30 Nov 2015, 16:36

1. Start your own server

2. set JH to 24/7

3. Profit???

the problem isn't the game. it is you're not playing servers that cater to your play-style.

forcing people to follow your play-style when you could easily start your own server is childish thinking
My Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon 4.0 GHz
Cooling: CORSAIR H100i Water Cooling
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
MOBO: MSI Z97-Gaming 7
RAM: 24GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz
GPU: 2xGigabyte 1080GTX 8GB
Disk 1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD (system disk)
Disk 2: 2xWD 2TB HDD RAID 0 (data disk)
Screen: 27" Asus Monitor

Airco

Post by Airco » 30 Nov 2015, 16:44

u got wall issues , build a trebuchet and break it down
upon that jh is only for lif:yo it wil be free open world on the mmo like u ask.

building log stairs... the fuck dude honestly, they wil inplement gravity (sadely enoph on the mmo release and not sooner :cry: )

agreed u should be abel to attack bhut when its not dureing jh u loose alignment also, perhaps your badass and dont die bhut than i am pretty suer your not badass bhut shitass attacking noobs only

its extreemly hard to find a normal balance between pvp combat and normal activity's; most games end up being like u sayd yourself farmville or cod, why wel becouse thats easy and they dont try anything freaking new. they are just doing what developrs did 20years ago bhut they do it whit nice graphics.
atleast these dev's try new stuf (something none of the big companys have the ball's to do)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 30 Nov 2015, 16:46

Lot of people playing COD just to kill someone, that´s right. But i think a lot more people (including me) don´t play COD. Because we don´t wanna kill or get killed ... we play games, where we can create something. LiF for example.

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 30 Nov 2015, 20:24

The solution to this problem is partially destructible buildings outside JH.
As buildings inside claims are (in my understanding) protected by gods and by doing against gods one looses alignment and by praising gods one gains alignment then system allowing to destroy buildings with siege equipment would be allowed but destruction would only be allowed to breaking threshold (where the building still stands but it is unusable and appear destroyed/damaged).

Walls would have to be redone to allow passage in damaged state (for example you would need two neighbouring walls to be damaged to allow passage, one would be not enough; gates would also allow passage when damaged).

By dealing damage to structures or buildings character would loose alignment and when cannot loose alignment any more then his actions would not deal any more damage.

So if some group wants to siege someones claim then he/they would have to have high alignment.
Raising it takes a lot of time so it would assure that targets of siege would be carefully picked as time between attacks would be significant.

As stated a bit earlier - buildings would be damaged only by siege engines so only chars with that kind of expertise would be able to do the damage. That would prevent players from creating bunch of random characters for siege purpose only (as it would take time to train them) and even if, then that disposable chars would be one time only as it would require to renew their favour to use them again.

Chests and other containers would be destructible by any weapon (but still there would be alignment penalty and block and only damaged containers would be lootable).

So for example you would have to first destroy gatehouse to enter claim, then destroy warehouse to loot warehouse container and open its doors then you would have to destroy every container in warehouse to loot them.

Additionally if devs would implement picklocking then with first attack claim would block any picklocking attempts and automatically close any open doors of buildings/gates on claim.

Additionally any char that would attack claim would get antibuff for significant time blocking usage of homereturning prayer and other gods related actions/activities.
I think that should be by default currently in situation when someone from out of claim attack on the claim character that is part of that claim.

And naturally by default whole system would be disabled so admins of servers could keep it off or make it on according to their wish.

Problem.
Solved.

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 30 Nov 2015, 20:30

You realize some people don't care about alignment at all, right?

LIF: Your Own means people can start their own servers and decide the rules to the world they create.

If you are not happy that you can't kick over other people's sand castles, go make a server and configure it to your liking.

the MMO will be more to your liking as it wont have Judgment hour like the private server version.
My Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon 4.0 GHz
Cooling: CORSAIR H100i Water Cooling
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
MOBO: MSI Z97-Gaming 7
RAM: 24GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz
GPU: 2xGigabyte 1080GTX 8GB
Disk 1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD (system disk)
Disk 2: 2xWD 2TB HDD RAID 0 (data disk)
Screen: 27" Asus Monitor

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 01 Dec 2015, 11:07

I can confirm what Bubba says,
Checking the DB of my server I see players with alignments if -50 up to -500. They just don't care.

Airco

Post by Airco » 01 Dec 2015, 15:43

on my server i also notice some just dont care about the alignment , bhut i also wonder if its not careing or not knowing.
i find myself each time again explaining it to people (its not hard to understand) and they always go like "ooooh" and then they start praying.

gota admit, on my server the skill multiplier is at 600 so its going pretty fast if u loose them (perhaps the skill damage need a multiplier aswel or linked to the skill multiplier? just thinking out loud here)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Return to Feedback Section