Fighting Stats

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

DavidHaitLern

Fighting Stats

Post by DavidHaitLern » 02 Dec 2015, 14:14

I was just wondering what you guys thought might be the best stats to give to you fighting character? I'm guessing 10 Int to start with...

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Fighting Stats

Post by Khan- » 02 Dec 2015, 15:16

there are no "overpowered" stat... when one will bring speed, one will bring a little speed bonus for the weapon, then, it totally depends on your tastes...

- if you are an archer, you'll have to get the minima str/agi needed
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: Fighting Stats

Post by Hoshiqua » 02 Dec 2015, 17:19

It all depends on your playstyle. Most people like not having to worry about speed as infantry, and as such, they play naked or with very light armor, and have some strength (around 40 - 60) and a lot of agility, too. Some constitution, too, as to not die in one hit.

Some people, like me, rely on parrying and tricking to be able to get hits into the opponents. Personally I like playing with full plate, and as such I need like 90 - 100 strength to be fast enough. It will also make your weapon do a LOT more damage, so you can use a sword and be a strong all-round infantry. It does take a lot of grinding though. I like playing with a sword also because you can more easily parry and there's a special attack, so you can deal between 30 to 120 damage on one counter attack depending on your opponent's armor.

But the problem with that build is that it requires a lot more skill for the same effectiveness against pretty much anything. You're slower than others so archers can more easily pick you off, people with no armor can quite easily dodge your hits, come back and hit you and if they're good enough there's very little you can do about it (except "coward" but then the guy can just run away and hope to not get flinched too much).

That's why I was suggesting to change the way people move in combat stance, as to not have combat in LiF turn to a mortal online kind of fight, where the speed is key, much more than other playerstyles. But that's another topic.

Overall, if you're a beginner in PvP I suggest you start very light, naked even, with 40 - 60 strength, a two handed axe like a war scythe (you get used to the hitbox pretty quickly, and with enough strength it does decent damage against armor), and the rest i agility so you are very fast. Maybe some constitution if you don't fully trust your ability to dodge, and some willpower to get that 20 - 30 more stamina that allows you to pretty much outrun anyone.

Return to General Discussion