Mining tunnel collapse

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

JamesArhy

Mining tunnel collapse

Post by JamesArhy » 03 Dec 2015, 13:46

Is anyone else having problems with completely losing the ability to re-dig tunnels that collapse? We made sure to reinforce every wall and build a column in every square of our mine shaft. About a week later we discovered that various sections had caved in. When we tried to re-dig the entrance once you got to a certain level your only option under terraforming was to construct a support column (with open air above). This has frustrated a friend to a point where he is having troubles wanting to play anymore. It seems like every time we log in we have to re-dig a tunnel and this will be the third time we had to re-dig from a different angle to get to the iron ore.

It seems that if we are to go through all of the effort to get the lumber down to the mine and reinforce the mine that it should last more than a week. Honestly if I reinforce the mine I would rather not have to worry about cave ins. I just figured I would bring up this game mechanic and see if other people felt the same about it.

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Re: Mining tunnel collapse

Post by Bubba » 03 Dec 2015, 18:36

the other day, my buddy was mining at dawn when the server began its daily ritual of morning lag, when it was over, he was sealed off in a room because 2 un-reinforced squares of the tunnel collapsed behind him.

he was in the dark, alone and scared, lol.

we ran to the mine to rescue him, dug out the two tunnel squares between him and freedom. it only took minutes to dig him out and we cheered.

i then reinforced the sections.

Good times. Game mechanic working and approved.

seriously though, mines should reset over time, i think it works fine as it is.

The only thing i would like to see is the option to repair reinforcements like other objects - to prevent cave ins by active miners
My Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon 4.0 GHz
Cooling: CORSAIR H100i Water Cooling
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
MOBO: MSI Z97-Gaming 7
RAM: 24GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz
GPU: 2xGigabyte 1080GTX 8GB
Disk 1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD (system disk)
Disk 2: 2xWD 2TB HDD RAID 0 (data disk)
Screen: 27" Asus Monitor

Return to General Discussion