Ingame Time

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Deus-X-Incognita

Ingame Time

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 08 Dec 2015, 17:16

Is there any way, with which I can see the ingame time? exactly or just with hints?

Because when I log in and it is dark I would like to know if iot just got dark or is nearly morning for example.
German RP Server

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Re: Ingame Time

Post by Bubba » 08 Dec 2015, 19:32

I use the position of the sun.
My Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon 4.0 GHz
Cooling: CORSAIR H100i Water Cooling
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
MOBO: MSI Z97-Gaming 7
RAM: 24GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz
GPU: 2xGigabyte 1080GTX 8GB
Disk 1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD (system disk)
Disk 2: 2xWD 2TB HDD RAID 0 (data disk)
Screen: 27" Asus Monitor

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 08 Dec 2015, 20:59

Bubba wrote:I use the position of the sun.

Deus-X-Incognita wrote:[...]Because when I log in and it is dark I would like to know if iot just got dark or is nearly morning for example.
German RP Server

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 09 Dec 2015, 11:48

No there is not.
Depending on the day cycle of the server you play on, you can measure it yourself.
My server has a 3 day cycle. So every 3 hrs a new day start (morning lag). So lets call it 12 midnight. Then you just use real time time as the measure.

But i go with Bubba on this. Medieval time they did use the sun, and there was nothing like a precise time. A quote from a person living in that time of history

"What then is time? If no one asks me, I know what it is. If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know."
Saint Augustine

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 09 Dec 2015, 13:22

Asimov wrote:No there is not.

[...]

But i go with Bubba on this. Medieval time they did use the sun, and there was nothing like a precise time. A quote from a person living in that time of history
[...]

Thanks for confirming.

I also do not need a precise time, which is why I had the "hint" part in the post.
But if I lived in the world I would have some hint which time it is, depending on if the sun just came down or not, if I just slept and went to bed at night etc.

When logging in, since this is a game, I do not have these hints for time.
Which is why some hints for dawn / dusk and nighttime would be useful, since then there is no sun up.
German RP Server

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 09 Dec 2015, 14:17

Try and find out what real time it is morning lag. At my server 14:30.
Then i know a day starts there and it ends 3 hours later. So by that i can say if i am at the end of a cycle or in the beginning if i come in at night.
But after morning lag the light comes very fast, so if you login and it is night, then 90% chance morning lag is right around the corner

Return to General Discussion