PLEASE remove Z axis

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Leaf

PLEASE remove Z axis

Post by Leaf » 10 Dec 2015, 02:58

Right now it is just annoying. Sure it is nice that you can stack chests, but bad that you can stack logs and go over walls.

In the MMO, if you can stack logs - chests - barrels - anything - to get over walls, what is the point of walls?

And if you have no place to store anything securely, what is the point? Your crops, animals, ropes, containers, everything not on you can be taken. If everything not in your inventory can be stolen by anyone at anytime you are not online... where is the fun in playing the game? After 1 day, 10 days, 10 months playing the game you are sent back to making primitive tools and hunting for apples for food again. At least force people to create siege equipment to get inside walls. You forced us to spend all the time and flux to make walls and gates, please make them worth even making.

Please remove the Z axis option for dropping objects.

Malaky
True Believer

Re: PLEASE remove Z axis

Post by Malaky » 10 Dec 2015, 11:19

A tip for you - dont build walls on edge of your claim, leave some (2-3) tiles space from the edge so except JH nobody could build log ladder. Also flatten all hills next to your wall that are 4 tiles away from it and are more than half of your wall in height - horse riders would be able to jump over walls otherwise.

I partially support your opinion tho.
I would suggest to limit Z axis movement to tile height + 2.0 (so same as max difference of level difference for soil).
That would still allow to build log ladder next to palisade and jump over it but it would not allow to go over stone walls.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Dec 2015, 11:35

somewhere in a faq, we can read they'll add gravity or something like that, falling damages (already here in fact, yesterday I jumped from the keep roof and broke my leg... but only 40 damages...)

then, it might be there soon
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 10 Dec 2015, 21:51

Hm ... imho this Problem IS already fixed. Please check out Patchnote 0.6.1.3

The world configuration file: movableMaxDropHeightMeters should be addable for server-admins.

But be carefull, otherwise paintings and trophys also cannot be placed in face-Level.

Since there is a /stuck-command, even Castle walls are not 100% secure. Invaders don´t need any logs. The (more or less) only way to avoit getting lootet is a claimed house with several locks and some friends in your clan.
(In YO it´s possible to mod the Claimtime up to 10 days - but for the MMO someone in the guild should renew the builing-claims every 24h)

Return to Feedback Section