Crashes while watching youtube.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Malaky
True Believer

Crashes while watching youtube.

Post by Malaky » 09 Dec 2015, 15:07

I have noticed that when I have not running youtube (in Firefox) while playing then I have no crashes.
When I am listening to YT (in Firefox) while playing LiF - game crashes with send error option like around every hour or hour and a half usually (sometimes within first half hour sometimes after 3 hours). I have not noticed any (or so rare so insignificant) crashes while I am not listening to YT.

Can anybody else confirm this dependancy for LiF?

It would be not first time, as I have already encountered few games that are conflicting with YT running in the background...

Arrakis

Re: Crashes while watching youtube.

Post by Arrakis » 09 Dec 2015, 17:43

I can tell from my personal experience, that faulty graphic card can cause such issues. On my current pc, any flash elements, such as youtube, running in the background while playing any game can cause driver & game crashes. It may be the same for you.

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 10 Dec 2015, 11:40

Card is fairly new, I also suspected this so I have removed drivers from system and got new ones and I saw no difference.

If I remember correctly YT dropped flash for html5.

Also it may be server specific. I have changed server recently and alto I am still running YT in the background I dont get crashes any more (well lets say I get one once per few hours, so like before without YT playing). Prev server I played on had lots of microlags when I moved across the map, and object delays (like when I cut down a tree and have to wait like 30 seconds for log to show up alto collisions worked fine - I could "trip" it; similar with chests - after picking up and placing on the ground I had to wait to be able to interact with it; or aftr placing building marker or finished construction). This delay problem was server wide. Sometimes it was a short one sometimes last for over hour. usually was gone without restart. Also server had floaters (players that failed to log in and hanged on loading world 9/9 - their avatars ware hanging in the air ingame even if they manually crashed their clients and ware able to successful log in afterwards (healing floaters crashed the server, otherwise it was perfect range practice target).
Current server I play on have no such problems and my client do not crash so frequently.

So for now ill leave it under observation.

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 11 Dec 2015, 00:01

On current server strange things started to happen like player characters skin partially see-through, textures not loading on models in character creation screen, and some general environmantal bugs like missalign texts in windows when inspecting...

Checked integrity of client files in steam.
22 files failed. Mystery solved. No more problems.

Return to Feedback Section