Can someone catch me up?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Adriatictales

Can someone catch me up?

Post by Adriatictales » 11 Dec 2015, 21:13

So I began playing life is feudal back when it was totally alpha... and then I had to put it down for a while. I tried to fire it back up last night, and was shocked to see many changes.

First: I liked the look of the title and all that, but when I launched my server and tried to log into it, I could not connect. I have my IP and password right, was there some update I missed or did the final version of the game not work with old servers? Do I need to make a new one?

Second: After failing to get into my server, I just created a world and was shocked when I got into it, first that it was the final version and they still have not really improved the loading time... and second, the graphics look like utter shit now! The characters seem improved, but I miss the blue skies above the land, I used to be able to see from one side of the island to the other with my GTX 545 card and now everything seems dull and it looks like the world is blanketed in fog. What happened?!
Side note if anyone could give me a list of ideal settings for graphics with an alienware I7 processor, gtx 545 graphics card for this game that would be sweet...

So I don't understand what happened, but I am eager to get back into the game again. I just don't want to start working on another game world until I have my settings right for optimum performance. The frame rate was pretty rough in this game now too. I was running ultra setting and still getting 60 fps back when this game was alpha, now it looks like I am getting more like 30 fps on high setting. If any one of you out there could catch me up on what has gone on since summer with this game and help me figure out graphics I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Airco

Re: Can someone catch me up?

Post by Airco » 12 Dec 2015, 07:36

your old server needs patching (i think thats the issue ) if u havent done that its definitly the issue, it is stil running on dx9 instead of dx11 wich we are on now.

your gpu is not the bare minimum bhut its close to it whit the upgrade to dx11, it is just supporting dx11 so not to much spare room and also it has 1gb of ram so trees and grass might be a issue if u get on higher setttings. if u want better graphics u might wanne get a new gpu (loving the gtx 970 here :) )

the blue sky's are stil there so no idea what u got there, perhaps graphic issue, make sure u atleast got the newest gpu drivers
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Return to General Discussion