LF Best LiF server host/MODS/Custom scripts supported

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Xhodan

LF Best LiF server host/MODS/Custom scripts supported

Post by Xhodan » 19 Oct 2015, 19:38

Hey guys, I've been using BlackBox Servers from blackboxservers.net and I've had a terrible experience so far with support and just in general being able to navigate through my Admin server dashboard.

None of the mods and scripts I've tried putting on the current server I own work due to extremely limited visibility of my own server files. For instance I cannot actually see the .cs of all the default scripts, only the .cs.dso compiled versions of all scripts.

This has been a very vexing issue and I would like to be able to transfer all my current server and world files so that my players won't have to restart.

Are there any dedicated hosts out there that can fit the needs of a server with MOD and custom script capabilities?

Larainan

Re: LF Best LiF server host/MODS/Custom scripts supported

Post by Larainan » 14 Dec 2015, 07:47

I'm on ping perfect servers there are only a few files I can see as well. Everything has gone cs.dso not just for blackbox but for Lifyo dedicated server install from steam as well. The dso extension is a torque 3d extension. Putting your mods into your patch sql file the new sql file and editing the various changes in the dump sql files is basically all that is needed to make server side changes to the game.

It is my understanding that you need to ask blackbox to make your SQL files available where as mine are available to me on my server.

I have modded my server for flux extra mortar dead trees container capacities faster digging sawing smelting etc with the help of only the New.SQL dump.sql and patch.sql files.

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Post by Elusiven » 14 Dec 2015, 09:41

Yes, .cs.dso files are compiled torque3d engine scripting files. You cannot decompile them.

I can sort you out with nice dedicated server with 64 slots. I will help you setup the server and LIF as well.

Specs:
Windows Server 2012 R2
Intel Xeon quad core
8GB RAM
1024GB HDD RAID
1gbit line (700mbps download and upload)

Send me a private message if ur interested.
Head Administrator of medievalkingdoms.eu

PVP server with elements of RP with factions, trading and kingdoms system. Join us for great fun:).

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 15 Dec 2015, 03:18

Xhodan wrote:Hey guys, I've been using BlackBox Servers from blackboxservers.net and I've had a terrible experience so far with support and just in general being able to navigate through my Admin server dashboard.

None of the mods and scripts I've tried putting on the current server I own work due to extremely limited visibility of my own server files. For instance I cannot actually see the .cs of all the default scripts, only the .cs.dso compiled versions of all scripts.

This has been a very vexing issue and I would like to be able to transfer all my current server and world files so that my players won't have to restart.

Are there any dedicated hosts out there that can fit the needs of a server with MOD and custom script capabilities?

On a dedicated now but BlueFang was the best from the the list IMO

Return to General Discussion